We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check your pockets

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
okc
reviews: 35
Check your pockets

I just saw in cozumelmycozumel message board a lady's brother in law was arrested at cozumel airport for having .22 shells in the lining of his coat. Here in oklahoma it is very common to load up some 22 shells in you pockets and go out hunting. You just better make sure you get them all out before going to mexico.

Edited: 8:46 pm, March 10, 2013
Denver
1. Re: Check your pockets

I have heard you shouldn't travel with anything that has even come into contact with ammo- the airport dogs catch it, as well as swab tests.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 49
2. Re: Check your pockets

Makes me wonder what happened to TSA when he was leaving the USA?

Del Rio, Texas
3. Re: Check your pockets

What happened to TSA? Evidently not much. Last time I left Cozumel me and another passenger were the only passengers swabbed before boarding. I didn't mind it but still insist it's because I was born in Germany. The other person was Asian.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 49
4. Re: Check your pockets

Some additional details in the Por Esto newspaper. According to their article, he had in his possession " a total of 13 rounds of ammunition, 25 gauge". They also state the ammunition was in a backpack, not the lining of a jacket. His problem is likely made worse by the fact this came under the jurisdiction of Federal police since it occurred at the airport.

www.poresto.net/ver_nota.php…

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 27
5. Re: Check your pockets

When I saw it was a 22, I laughed as 22 ammo is being bought up like crazy and the orie has skyrocketed. I just assumed he was protecting his stash.

I assume this was 25 caliber, not 25 gauge. 25 cal is probably one of the worst shells made.

I had my spear gun confiscated at customs a couple of years ago. They gave it back when I left the country. On the next trip I bought it back and I was armed with paperwork from the Army's Federales and CONAPESCA stating a harpoon was legal as I expected another big debate. Nope...not even a second look. I just walked out the door with the gun in hand. I never even had to show the paperwork.

Montana
reviews: 9
6. Re: Check your pockets

Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Cal Pistol

This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter, by a woman against a fierce predator.

What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?

The Beretta Jetfire:

While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend, we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of no where. She must have been protecting her cubs, because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my boyfriend's knee cap was all it took…….the bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

It's one of the best pistols in my collection……...

I always thought the 25 cal was a waste of time until I read this....

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
7. Re: Check your pockets

robert that is my father in law in your post he is in jail right now and my mother in law just got a lawyer there what do you think he will get out

Ontario
8. Re: Check your pockets

While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend, we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of no where. She must have been protecting her cubs, because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!

----------------

Sure hope they declared a handgun coming across the Canadian border...

okc
9. Re: Check your pockets

MTCOZLVR- lmao- We joke at my job since we work alot with the public- i don't have to be fast just fastr than you- lol-

Andrewk-hope he gets out soon- probably just alot of red tape and all that- best wishes to him for a quick release.

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
10. Re: Check your pockets

thks okdiverokc appreciate it