We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Chedraui experience

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 7
Bad Chedraui experience

We have been coming to Cozumel before Mega opened so have always had a nostalgic feeling for Chedraui. Last year I returned laundry detergent because they had charged me 3500 pesos instead of 350. It wasn't a problem getting a refund but it made me pay more attention to my receipt.

This time I bought a thermometer that had no mercury. We had a good laugh trying to take a temperature that was never going anywhere. I tried to return or exchange the next day with the original packaging and receipt. We were first sent to the pharmacy area where we had purchased only to be told "NO, NO, NO!" with vigorous finger shaking. We then went to customer service where they looked at it shrugged and said no return. I said an exchange would be fine but was told no. I gave up and left with no refund, no thermometer and no desire to return.

Maybe if I was a local I would have been treated differently but from now on I will do all of my grocery shopping at Mega. Mega is, in my opinion, cleaner, better stocked and more customer oriented to non locals. I am sad to give up on Chadraui, and will miss their donuts, but have lost confidence in them.

cozumel
21. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

I'm not sure which is more disturbing. TWO PAGES over a $1.50 thermometer OR the guy in post 17 who goes to the bathroom with FOUR customers waiting in line behind him in the check out line.......hahaa.......really???

Texas
22. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

And now you also contributed!

corpus christi texas
reviews: 12
23. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

Hey, I am just glad to know I can buy a mercury thermometer there! I even tried to see if I could find them on eBay before with no luck.

Texas
24. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

That is great! I am glad my silly post had a purpose other than venting my frustration.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
25. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

All of you have made my day! I can't stop laughing! LOL

Denver
26. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

cctexas- Have you tried a temporal artery thermometer? Right out of Star Trek!

corpus christi texas
reviews: 12
27. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

No I haven't tried those. I never had any luck with the ears ones so I figured I would have the same luck with those. I will have to check into it though. Thanks. I know someone has to make one that is accurate on me!

Fort Smith, Arkansas
reviews: 21
28. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

*popcorn*

29. Re: Bad Chedraui experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 13, 2014