We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundays in Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
willow beach
reviews: 1
Sundays in Cozumel

We will be renting a car for a day to tour around the Island. We tenatively have one booked for a Sunday but wanted to ensure that a few of the things are going to be open.

Does anyone know if Punta Sur park is open on Sundays as well as Coconuts? Also are stores in Town open on Sundays? I also ready earlier that Sunday evenings in town are often fun with music and lots of activity with the locals. Is there a good, safe place to park a car while in town?

Del Rio, Texas
reviews: 39
1. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

I heard Punta Sur is closed on Sundays. Coconuts is open as are nearly all of the east side clubs. Most stores will be open in town but may open a little later than usual. We use the small parking lots on side streets in town. They are inexpensive and I just feel our rental is safer there...they close at 10 p.m. Or you can park right on Melgar and do not have to feed the meters on Sundays.

willow beach
2. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

Thanks for all the info froglegs55 - may have to rethink the rental day as we really want to do Punta Sur. I have tried to find a web site for the park but can't find one!

Del Rio, Texas
3. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

I know...it used to be included on site that had all the Cozumel Parks listed but it's not there anymore. Frustrating.

Ontario
reviews: 38
4. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

The east side can get REALLY busy on a Sunday, too. I had friends get stuck there once. LOL Their car got hemmed in by all the locals partaking of their day off.

We usually have a POS rental, so feel fine parking on a side street or in the Mega parking lot (we buy something every time we park there). We've never had any damage to our POS.

fort worth
5. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

Check the Chankanab site. If they are closed the Punta Sur is too in our experience.

Edited: 2:29 pm, March 07, 2013
Del Rio, Texas
6. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

The Chankanaab and Punta Sur sites (on Cozumel Insider) say they are open daily. Punta Sur began to be closed on Sunday during low season and never reopened on Sunday for high season. That's all I know.

Madison,WI
reviews: 19
7. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

Chankanaab and Punta Sur were both closed Sunday, Feb. 24th. I was told the island runs based on the cruise ship schedule. No ships on Sunday.

Okla
reviews: 2
8. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

Don't know if you have tried looking at www.cozumelinsider.com but there is tons of info on there... PLUS the woman who started (and quickly answers questions from) that site is so helpful and friendly - check it out!

willow beach
9. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

Yes, thank you for the suggestion around cuzumelinsider I sent an email and she was very quick in replying and yes apparently punta sur is closed on Sundays due to the economy.

Del Rio, Texas
10. Re: Sundays in Cozumel

Well, then why isn't she able to fix the website to reflect that? Misleading.