We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keswick Ontario
reviews: 2
El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

I am getting so excited..Family of five coming down..This will be our first visit, and staying two weeks. OMG...I cannot wait...Can someone tell me if I can walk to a grocery store to get better wine? Not sure how far Mega store is from the hotel. Also has anyone done the Amazing Race there as the 4 of us are looking at doing it as it looks like alot of fun, and we get to see the town and meet locals.

thanks for everyones reviews and comments,

Tina

Perham, Minnesota
reviews: 5
1. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

24 sleeps for us, but who's counting... Husband and I (fun loving couple in mid 30s) will be at El Coz until the 11th. Hoping to do Tiger Cielo snorkel tour and get over to the east side for a day. The rest of the time you'll find us on the beach or in the water.

Olathe, Kansas
reviews: 19
2. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

I have 14 family and friends at El Coz from about the 9th thru 18th. Dont forget to be in town for the Carnaval parades and festivities , especially the 12th.

Olathe, Kansas
reviews: 19
3. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

There really isnt a store within walking distance. Many people walk the few miles to town but it is a little ways. The Mega is at the south end of town. I hope you enjoy Cozumel, our family enjoys it immensely.

Edited: 10:52 am, January 11, 2013
Orillia, Canada
reviews: 27
4. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

I am leaving January 26th . Cant wait. Its our first trip to Cozumel

Keswick Ontario
reviews: 2
5. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

Hi,

Would love to know more about the festival. What festival is it? Feb 12th, 2013 is the best day to go?

Thanks,

Tina

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 17
6. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

Tina - CaRNaVAL! So fun! Read all about it here...schedule and there are pictures from previous Carnavals. You and your family better start working on your masks and buy some beads!

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CarnavalCal

kansas city
reviews: 55
7. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

The Amazing Race is an absolute blast.... did it a couple years ago with my two kids (11 & 13 at the time I think) and we all thoroughly enjoyed it...well worth the money.

Also, two weeks is a looooooooong time to eat at El Coz... be prepared for some meals in town to break up the monotony. You will figure out from the first week which nights have the better food (mexican night was the best when we were there last).

Houston, Texas
reviews: 1
8. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

No walking distance store. There is a geocery store about 5 min away from El Coz right before entering to town. They have good wine and alcohol, this is where I buy my Coronas or Montejo beers when I go. Otherwise, Chidraui or Mega are your best options.

missouri
reviews: 24
9. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

Mega is not within walking distance but is a great store and huge. It's worth the cab fare down there. But first walk across the street to jimmy buffets .

MaconMO
reviews: 23
10. Re: El Cozumeleno-roll call 27 more sleeps-just a few questions

TWO WEEKS?? Sooooooooooo jealous - my legs have goosebumps just thinking about it, as I stare at the snow and contemplate the 17 degree weather here! columbiamo, I am an hour north of you in Macon! Hello down there!

Have a great trip! The only advice I can offer is check out the Money Bar one day. They do live music in the evenings around Happy Hour, have good snorkeling, and great food. It is all over the forums for a good reason!