We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

As a re-branding to a Secrets I am shocked at these reviews, they are all over the place. Thinking about this resort, in the late spring, but hopefully Secrets reads reviews and get things in order, like you would expect from a Secrets brand. Unfortunately, I can't even imagine reserving this resort right now. I like the fact it has a beach area, unlike Cozumel Palace. Time will tell I guess....

Oklahoma City...
reviews: 124
1. Re: Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

Tweety - yes, I know I'm nervous since we arrive in 2 weeks, but I really want it to be good! I do!

WEIRD -- I just looked tonight to read most recent reviews and only 23 REVIEWS are listed? Where did all the old ones go???

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 12
2. Re: Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

Maybe TA wants to differentiate between reviews of the old Aura and the Secrets Aura?

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 12
3. Re: Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

They do want to differentiate. They did the same thing the last time managment changed. Briefly... I will write detailed rewiew when I can... Darn work has me swamped, been back 48 hrs and been at office 25 of them... this is my eyes it to say if you want perfection don't go there, if you can handle a few issues that are being resolved as promptly as they can and you can roll with the punches it is great beautiful resort. they seem a little under staffed as they have doubled the room numbers by switching the sabor exclusive to aura.

My only complaint with the rude people ruining my vacation griping about little things like a 5 course meal on New Years Eve taking an hour and a half... where do you have to go? They are Trying to create fine dining experience.

I have been several adult only all inclusive is the last was secrets Capri know or a is not there quite yet with some foods. so what maid forgot from the floor mat one day, I just called and they brought one. Iwasn't going to let something like that really my vacations like some people will.

Brantford Ontario
reviews: 16
4. Re: Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

Hey Ilovsb15 - I'm totally in agreement with you & know when we're there Jan 16 - 23 things won't be perfect & if they are BONUS!! What do people expect - the property was rebranded & refurbished - it's not a new build - it's an older property - staff & management changes have occurred at the onset of high season as well - had the same things occured in any type of North America business things would be no different - trust me I've experienced it numerous times. Most people booked at a very very good prices & people seem to forget those prices were discounted for a reason (rebranding/new staffing etc) so why are some people expecting established services, etc like they may have received at Maroma or any of the other Secrets resort. It took time for all these properties to come into their own & to work out the kinks - I was at MAroma for it's soft opening & it was far from perfect but still a fantastic trip - why would Secrets Aura be any different. People need to be realistic & have open minds..

Looking forward to your review - thanks again!!

5. Re: Reviews for Aura/Secrets ???? All over....OMG !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 07, 2014