We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit? Does anyone have a phone #, contact name or address? And, can we go to a store and buy groceries or supplies and take it to them?

When I was in Puerto Vallarta we visited an orphanage and took groceries with us. We played with the children and held the babies. They also gave us a tour of the facility. We showed up un-announced. It really touched my heart.

cozumel
reviews: 1
1. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

There is Ciudad de Angeles, a home for children sponsored by the Church of Christ in the States:

http://ciudaddeangeles.org/ ciudaddeangeles.org/getinvolved/planavisit/

"We request a minimum of two weeks notice to schedule a visit to our campus. The safety of our children and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For security reasons, no one is allowed to proceed to the property without notifying us first"

Concord, North...
reviews: 31
2. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Deana, Very good question, one I had not thought of or remember seeing on this forum.

Jerry, thanks for the link. We plan to also get involved with this as we have a couple other causes on the Island, and I hope others will follow.It will be in our plans to visit the next time we return to the island.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 12
3. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

You should email them and be very specific about your goals, the items you wish to donate (if any), and the date and time of day you plan to stop by. Besides security concerns, the administrators need to make sure that your visit doesn't conflict with schooling or other planned activities.

Portland, Oregon
4. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

ds2 & Jerry

Thank you. ds2: have you been there? I will also check out that link!

Edited: 9:38 am, December 11, 2012
Concord, North...
reviews: 31
5. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Hey Deb, I have been in contact with Gary in Marietta and hope to set up a visit on my next trip. Do you know him?

Portland, Oregon
6. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

I just filled out their form and hope it shows up in my inbox for "verification." Don't see it yet.....

We will be in PDC March 2013. Any one of our days we are in PDC we could go on over. I'd like to agree with them on a day I can visit. Is there any other way to contact them besides filling out that form to the right of their page that says "SUBSCRIBE?" I don't want to be missing something here. Thanks.

They have a great website.

Deana

corpus christi texas
7. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Here is the phone in Georgia: 404-551-5129. Gary was always pretty easy to get in touch with. I will look and see if I still have his email.

They also have a Facebook page and a closed group page on fb. It used to be open, but due to the photos and info being about children, I think they felt it safer to make it a closed group.

The website should have a list of "needs", sizes, etc on it.

Great organization to put your money and/or time to! I was going to sponser a child, but ended up with one in my own home instead.

corpus christi texas
8. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Here is the phone in Georgia: 404-551-5129. Gary was always pretty easy to get in touch with. His email: gary@ciudaddeangeles.org

They also have a Facebook page and a closed group page on fb. It used to be open, but due to the photos and info being about children, I think they felt it safer to make it a closed group.

The website had a list of needs: ciudaddeangeles.org/download/…20List.pdf

Great organization to put your money and/or time to! I was going to sponser a child, but ended up with one in my own home instead.

Edited: 10:11 pm, December 11, 2012
corpus christi texas
9. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

Tried to edit, but made 2 posts!!

Portland, Oregon
10. Re: Is there an orphanage in Cozumel that we can visit?

cctexas

Thx so much. I have made a note of that information as well as visited the website. I've sent an email to the website and also an inquiry. You mentioned "Georgia." Is that the US Georgia? Is he the director? I think I sent my inquiry to the website address which has a form you fill out....