We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, SK
reviews: 1
Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Has anyone out there used Dressler for a stay and dive package? They wanted me to just send them my credit card info via their website and they would provide me with an invoice afterwards etc. This seemed a bit odd to me...I wanted to be sure this is a legit transaction and that i will actually have a room when I show up LOL...I know they are the official dive shop for Iberostar but...I dunno sometime weird things happen booking online...:)

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 7
1. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Yes, they are legit. I will agree they have about the clunkiest website out there but are actually a top notch operation. I personally did not book hotel or dives thru them, I used a dive vacation operator, had I gone through Dressler I would have saved about $100 on the dives. If you are sceptical about giving them your info be sure to get the full name and phone number of the person you give it to. Call thm back to give them the info so yu know you have the right contact. I think you will be pleased with both your hotel and the dive op. Hotel is unique (see reviews) and Dressler personnel quite professional. Being th southernmost hotel you will be closest to the dive sites so no long boat rides plus you are back to hotel between dives. Go for it!

cozumel
2. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Ummm, guys, it's DRESSEL Divers not Dressler.........if anybody is googling, you'll get far more correct info than using the wrong spelling............just sayin'.

Also, I feel like it should be pointed out that, while the Iberostar is close to the southern reefs with short boat rides, there IS a trade off, since they don't go to the reefs to the north within the marine park such as Paradise, Las Palmas, Chankanaab, Tormentos, Yucab and maybe not even Punta Tunich. Again......just sayin'. Have fun.

phoenix
reviews: 3
3. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Not to hijack this question, but if you're concerned about giving your credit card out over the Internet, think about a "virtual credit card".

Bank of America and Citibank offer this service. Maybe other I'm not aware of.

basically, it is your credit card but can only be used one time (will fail if processed a second time), can have a termination date (used by date) and is tied to your credit card account.

You are protected just like you normal credit card.

For more information read this webpage I created:

rhodesaz.com/Virtual%20card/virtual%20cc.htm

I am not affliated with any bank!!

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 7
4. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Bitzyinczm, thanks for the correct sp of Dressel. (It felt wrong as I entered it). And yes, I know it is Betsy etc etc, that is my attempt at humor. Last time I stayed at Iberostar and went diving with Dressel, we did a shipwreck up north. It was OK but I go to Coz to dive the southern reefs.

Mattoon, Illinois
reviews: 22
5. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Dressel is excellent and yes, they do prebook deals and prepay deals over the internet that are cheaper than waiting until you get there. Remember, the office is in Spain so there is a significant time difference, please allow time for a reply.

Great scuba diving from the Iberostar since it's so close to the best diving around Cozumel. Short boat ride plus surface interval between dives is back at the resort so you can use the restroom, get a snack and drink, and go again. Awesome!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
6. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Yep - 20% off pre booking

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 64
7. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

Kymco Bob,you suck, and you know it.

Galveston Gal

8. Re: Iberostar/Dressler Stay and Dive Package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 15, 2013