We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, KY
reviews: 6
more questions

snorkelmama, thank you so much for the info! If you think of it, would you mind taking pictures of your room and view on this trip? The resort is so much cheaper than any other other deals we've found, and it looks great! Also, is it usually overrun with kids?

Thanks!

Louisville, KY
1. Re: more questions

Sorry everyone! It's much too early in the morning and I mistakenly hit post new topic instead of reply to topic. This is for snorkelmama in regards to the rooms at the Fiesta Americana. Sorry!!

Harrisburg, PA
reviews: 1
2. Re: more questions

Karalee, look through the pics on the Fiesta Americana on left side page...the hotel pics and the virtual tour pics are pretty good. The type room we like is similar to the top row, 3rd from left oh hotel pics..there are several other views to this room. We get a kingsize bed, culturally attractive decor, marble floors and baths, on 5,6,or 7 floors. They have a deluxe room, virtual pics show this,never stayed there. Then the casita is shown also, the room is layed out differently behind the hotel...depends on what you want. We really love looking at the water. We watch the cruise ships coming up the coast early morning withthe lights on, and leaving at night, can watch the night divers along the shoreline, the peacefulness of the water with the moon light shining on it...We have been to Melia and El Coz, but they are not for us. Attractive, but we prefer the location here, set alone, quiet, not many little kids, mostly adults, alot of divers who leave each morning, and we snorkelers pretty much have the beach palapas to ourselves...We really enjoy the snorkeling at this resort, swimming along shoreline to Dzul Ha, you find many different types of fish along the way, and can see the coral mounds and vegetation with more variety of fish in front of Dzul Ha. We call them our discovery snorkel trips....then come inand find the fish we see in our reef book. Getting in to the water is a little tricky...coral rock, small, not sharp, among sand, advise surf shoes if not wearing fins into the water. Once you are in, oh my...crystal clear water and just explore around....amazing. Most other resorts have lots of little kids....we are not into that on vacation. Staff here is fabulous. Very clean, good food. My 80 yr. old parents went with us last month, who usually cruise here, decided to not cruise any more, rather stay here. For the same reasons I stated...quiet, clean, friendly, the sites to watch from the beach, and the snorkeling was also enjoyed by my mother...Oh my, here I go...can you tell, I love this place. We are not picture takers...so just check out the pics on the Fiesta site...they are pretty good to see rooms...let me know...oh, and when do you go? My travel agent calls this a "hidden jewel"..everyone on the forum encourages people to go to Melia, El Coz, I just smile...know that my jewel is what we are looking for, and doesn't need to be to advertised...catch you later. Let me know.

Louisville, KY
3. Re: more questions

Thank you SO much for all the great info! We plan to go either in June or July, depending on cheapest dates. Can I ask who you book through? I'm seeing many agents with many different prices!

Thanks again! Have a great trip:)

Karalee

Harrisburg, PA
reviews: 1
4. Re: more questions

We go through a local travel agent...the trip is with GoGo Vacations, if you are interested in her number...let me know. She has always found us great trips/prices..Oh, and did I mention the swim up bar at the bigger pool? Also...so nice.