We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fares

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pleasant Hill
Taxi Fares

We are staying at the El Cozumeleno in Cozumel. My friend is staying at Oasis Cancun, in, you guessed it, Cancun. We will be meeting up a couple of days via ferry. My question(s) is/are: how much is a cab ride from the ferry dock in Playa Del Carmen to X-caret and back? And would I be able to catch a bus from the dock to Oasis Cancun for less? And can I find good horseback riding on Cozumel for experienced riders?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
reviews: 3
1. Re: Taxi Fares

A taxi to Xcaret from Play will run you about 90-95 pesos, but you can take a colective van for 30p.

A bus from Playa to Cancun is 35 pesos, the bus will take you to the downtown Cancun bus station, from there you would have to get on a city bus or take a taxi to Oasis in the hotel zone

A taxi will run you around 130 pesos, the city bus is 6.5 pesos, but the bus ride will be pretty long. An bus that says Hotel Zone in the front window will get you there, and there are lots of them.

Pleasant Hill
2. Re: Taxi Fares

Thanks Mapchick. Now all I need to do is learn the math. LOL