We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Cozumel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belleplaine
First time to Cozumel

My husband and I are looking into a trip to Cozumel the last week of Feb.

Any suggestions on resonably priced hotels to stay at that are within walking distance to town but also on the beach (or at least accross the street?) (considering Villablanca)

Any suggestions on the best areas for snorkeling/ snorkeling tours?

Any other fun places to go/see in Coz?

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 6
1. Re: First time to Cozumel

Droudan,

You couldnt have picked a better place to spend a week.

My wife and I have stayed at Casa Del Mar a couple of times, its a nice smaller hotel. Mostly divers that stay there. They had a beach club across the stree, but after Wilma I think that they are slowly rebuilding it.

We have also stayed at Hotel Cozumel. We were there last year in Feb. during Carnival. Great time, Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and curtious.

Most recently we stayed at Hotel Cozumel this past December for 11 days. They have the biggest pool on the island. Great for being Lazy and soaking up rays. While we were there they were able to partially re open the beach club across the street. They had brought in tons of sand, and by the endof our trip we were sitting over there. I'd bet by the time you visit, it'd be all done, including the new wedding Gazebo and spa that they were working on.

Thats our expierence, we like it at Hotel Cozumel.

As far as tours go, We've been on the Fury trips, it is fun but it seems a little too "packaged" if you know what I mean.

Call Cozumel Sailing and go out on their tri-maran sail boat. Much more of an intimate trip.

As far as other things to see, just have an open eye and an open mind. You will see Wilma damage, but then consider what the people have been thru and how far they have come. Thats the Fun and neat thing about Cozumel!

Ottawa, Ontario
reviews: 2
2. Re: First time to Cozumel

I can't say there is a beach at Villablanca, but the snorkeling is very good in the areas to each side of it. It is a long walk to town, as it is about 1 Km south of the Hotel Cozumel, which is a reasonable walk to town.

Cozumel, Mexico
reviews: 4
3. Re: First time to Cozumel

There is a new book out that can answer all of your questions. Cozumel: The Complete Guide. www.guide2cozumel.com

Middleton, MA
4. Re: First time to Cozumel

Is there a paperback version of the revised edition available? The one at the publishers appears to be the original.

5. Re: First time to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, February 02, 2006