We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothes needed?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
reviews: 25
Clothes needed?

I saw on here...somewhere, that what is really needed is clothing for the young and old and to pack suitcases with whatever is possible. Is this accurate? I won't be there until March and would hate to wait 5 months to send something that is needed...and I can send lots of clothes, am even willing to go through the neighborhood and ask for donations...but how am I to get it there? Who do I send it to? I am willing to ship boxes of clothing but I don't think I can get it sent yet, as Cozumel is not ready to handle receiving things on this order...are they? Advise is welcome.

Ft. Worth
reviews: 3
1. Re: Clothes needed?

That is a nice thought shandair, but you are right, Cozumel may not be ready to receive things on this order. There are a couple of grass roots relief funds that are collecting donations that will go directly to those in need.

Mapchick listed the site of a local business man who was born on the island named Alfonso who is collecting donations at:

www.cometocozumel.com/english/wilma.asp

We have also started a fund on this forum that will go directly to Trip Advisor forum members currently living in Cozumel. That information is:

Tom (Hotel Flamingo) has been kind enough to help us out with this and will be distributing the money directly to our forum friends. If you would like to donate, here is the imformation as posted by Tom:

PO Box 3172

Saratoga, CA

or paypall to tom@hotelflamingo.com

The check can be made out in my name- Thomas Fryer . Just indicate "Cozumel relief fund" on the letter. Please include your email address so that I can send you an email to confirm receipt. I will cash the checks and bring the cash down to the island. Right now, there is still no power there so we have no access to ATMs and the banks are all closed. I will just hold on to the money until I get instructions on who to distribute it to.

Thanks

Tom