We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cozumeleno

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
El Cozumeleno

I was wondering if anyone knows if El Cozumeleno is a good resort to stay at? And if there is jet ski tours on the island? If there is how much are they?

Cozumel, Mexico
reviews: 9
1. Re: El Cozumeleno

Jet ski runs about 50 us per 1/2 hour...The better is parasailing at 55usd. Its a better deal...The have parasail at the Cozumeleno that would satisfy you better

Tyler, TX
reviews: 3
2. Re: El Cozumeleno

Don't know about the jetskiing but the resort is very nice - good snorkeling!

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 98
3. Re: El Cozumeleno

We just got back and absolutely loved the resort. We were very pleased as we got a really good deal so were a bit worried. But it met or exceeded all of our expectations! We did choose to upgrade to a room in the new wing for $20 per night. Thought it was a bit much, but heck. Turns out another couple in our group didn't upgrade and got a room in the older north wing. It was OK, bigger, but had a very strong musty smell and mold in the bathroom. Not that big of a deal, but we were up on the 9th floor with such a fantastic view and balcony! The food is OK, nothing great, but nothing bad. Lunch is probably the most boring, but breakfast and dinner were fine with us. Their salsa, HOT and good. I miss it so much! Remember that you can request to see a menu at lunch if you don't want the chicken or beef sandwiches that they offer on the buffet. The menu usually has about 4 different items on it, was good. But you have to ask for it. I think you will like the El Coz, of course everyone's opinion and likes/dislikes are different. I will say that we've stayed at a Sandals, and while it was nice too, we've actually liked and enjoyed ourselves better here!

Minnesota
reviews: 5
4. Re: El Cozumeleno

We are hesitant to book our trip at the El Cozemeleno. Heard the food was bad and the rooms old. Sounds like you enjoyed it there. What kind of food did they serve? Is there any room service? Was the newer tower clean and mold free? Where are they at with their renovations? What about the beach and swimming and snorkeling? Any info on the El Coz would be appreciated because we have to quick make up our minds about booking a trip here.

Alberta
reviews: 11
5. Re: El Cozumeleno

Just returned from 2 weeks at El Coz. We stayed in the new section of the hotel on the 8th floor. Room was spotless and well maintained and a great oceanview. Food was typical All Inclusive fare - not great but not bad. Omelette/egg station available for breakfast. Buffet snack bar for lunch - choice of burgers, nacho chips, soft tacos, grilled chicken or beef on sub buns. Also had a lunch menu with choice of appetizer, soup and entrees. Fish from the lunch menu was good. Dinner buffet was OK but repetitive. Dinner ala carte required reservations. Had no problems making reservations and could eat in the ala carte restuarant as many times as you wanted (not restricted like some resorts to once or twice a week). Food in the ala carte was good but not 4-5 star quality - which I did not expect it to be. There is a limited room service menu.

Everything was operational when we were there - no renovations.

There is a sandy beach in front of the resort. Good snorkeling available right in front of the hotel. People staying next door at the Melia would come to the El Coz beach to snorkel.

Hotel caters to adults and families. Not much party action. However, only a $5.00 taxi ride to downtown if you want to party.

Overall, we had a great time at the El Coz and will return in the future.

Minnesota
6. Re: El Cozumeleno

Did they have the typical buffet foods (salads, fruits, breads, deserts) along with their lunch or dinner buffet? Sounded like their lunch was limited. How about their breakfast buffet? Other choices besides omlettes? Ok, enough questions about the food. How about the temperature of the pool and ocean? WIll they will warm enough to swim in January?

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 98
7. Re: El Cozumeleno

I didn't think the food was all that bad. For breakfast every day my husband had an omelet, but I had the belgium waffles (yum). Didn't care for their pancakes, but they also had bacon, potatoes of sorts, egg dish of sorts, and another item. Also cereals and mixed fruits. I was very disappointed in the fruit, just wasn't very good tasting. I love pineapple, and it just was not very good. But hey, didn't ruin my vacation! Fruits and breads were also out for lunch, but not much more. Ask for the menu at lunch.

The pools were definately chilly! But once you managed to get in, it was refreshing from the hot sun. The ocean was warmer and had no problems with that. Just be careful swimming and stay away from the end of the long pier. The current is strong, I watched someone get rescued one day. Looks like he got stuck and just couldn't move back in. Luckily a boat was in the area and pulled him out.

I really can't say much if anything really bad about this resort. The food was the lowest point, and then it wasn't 1/2 as bad as I expected after reading all the reviews. Turns out we went off the resort quite a bit (we like to explore) and therefore ate out quite often as well. No matter where we ate, the food was just good, nothing great. I would request a room in the South (new tower) and we didn't see any of the renovations going on that I had heard about.

Minnesota
8. Re: El Cozumeleno

Thanks for the info on the food. Can you tell me where you explored and what you liked the most? Is there an "out of the way" beach that you enjoyed? Did you rent a car? I was wondering about hiring a driver for the day. Does anyone have any experience with that in Cozumel?

Austin, Texas
9. Re: El Cozumeleno

Considering the El Coz. for family vacation (boys 5&8) during March Spring Break. I understand the food is okay for all inclusive but what about the beach and the pool? Kids club any good? Thanks for the help!

Ann Arbor, MI
10. Re: El Cozumeleno

To Texas Mom...

Here, check out this site. It has a virtual tour of the resort. It should answer some of your questions.

www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll…