We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do we go?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco ca
where do we go?

can anybody help us? We had booked in cozumel reef club for july 31st until august 14th. We can't seem to get any response at the toll free # and even when we call directely to the resort! We aready have our booked flight and just now found out that they will be closed until august 20th. I have sent various emails to different locations over there but they have not responded. Can anyone help us out or give us another refferal locations. Anything can be helpful at this point of desperation. thanx six996@hotmail

Cozumel, Mexico
1. Re: where do we go?

did you book directly with the hotel?

travel agent?

online?

san francisco ca
2. Re: where do we go?

We booked directly w/the hotel since we have a point membership arrangement.

3. Re: where do we go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:03 am, August 08, 2005
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
reviews: 2
4. Re: where do we go?

My point about El Cozumeleno is that it is open. And I have it on good advice that they have good room availability.

Other hotels in that area may as well as well as hotels in town like Casa Mexicana, El Presidente, Cozumel Palace, La Ceiba, Playa Azul.

Ok, I am having a brain infarction. What is the name of the hotel formerly known as Fiesta Inn/Brisas/Costa Club?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
5. Re: where do we go?

I win.....Hotel Cozumel

san francisco ca
6. Re: where do we go?

Well thanx for the quick response guys. I really apreciate it! I went around and read the reviews. They kind of seem comprable to the Reef Club. I pretty much go there for the awesome diving, but truley if I had to stay somewhere further away from the Sand dollar facility, I would look for a more adult related location. As we don't have kids and love the night life stuff. Any suggestions while I may still have your attention? Thanx a bunch!

Ottawa, Ontario
7. Re: where do we go?

Hotel Cozumel has got to at least equal the Reef Club these days, and is very convenient to town, plus tha AI option is nice, the food may not always be great but between beverages & food you should exceed the cost of the option, plus you are close enough to town to use some of the restaurants. Never dove with Dive Paradise, Have dove with Aqua Safari who have facilities at the Palace (2 blocks closer to town), Papa Hogs & Troys Pelagic Ventures are close by ( dove with Troy in Feb, excellent small group operator) If you can afford the Palace it is a very worthy location and since opening under that ownership an AI. Have not stayed at the others mentioned above, did dive with Sanddollar & stayed at Reef Club when new. ( was not impressed with Sanddollar at that time for safety reasons, but they have now had years to fix that). Troys uses fast boats, max 8 divers, local divemasters, and priced competatively, you dive your full tank, not the air hogs tank time.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
8. Re: where do we go?

If you want night life, which I assume means as late as 9 PM when I am diving, then a place like Hotel Cozumel has advantages to Reef Club. It is closer to Carlos and Charlies & Senor Frogs (in Punta Langosta mall).

This also applies to Casa Mexicana a block away from those nightspots.

I don't know if you ruled out the northern hotels.

Maybe you should list your desires in order of priority and someone should be able to give you several options. I would be surprised if you can get several places that would suit you.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
9. Re: where do we go?

I don't understand your concern about distance from the Sand Dollar pier (Reef Club). Are they the only dive shop you will use?

If so, I have not heard what they are doing now. Are they operating out of the caleta...piers in town? I have no idea.

If you are concerned about distance from reefs, use a fast boat. Many are there that will get you to the reefs fast, allow mucho bottom time. Some stop at a beach club between dives (my favorite).

san francisco ca
10. Re: where do we go?

Ok so we 've got two weeks. Priorities are diving, ocean, cenote, snorkling, beaching, and some days/nights out at Puerto Morales, if it still is there, maybe even hanging all nighters in Cancun. We did not opt. for the AI food because we usualy went to the nearby restaurants, and cantinas. We kind of tend to break it up and just love being in a warmer weather type of ambient. Pretty much we tend to be spur of the moment unless we have dive schedules to meet. basicaly we just need a clean place to stay that is somewhat close to a good dive place and beach where we can chill at our leisure. There, that should give you an idea. thax again for all your responses.