We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't Find!!!!

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Can't Find!!!!

I can't find a disposable waterproof camera here anywhere. Checked Walmart, Target, Academy. Leaving in about two weeks. I can find the waterproof camera's just not one with a flash......Anyone have a suggestion?

Smithfield, UT
1. Re: Can't Find!!!!

We had the same problem and we ended up purchasing a waterproof camera, it was basically a cheap camera with a waterproof case around it and you could change the film etc. We bought it through Target online and cost only about 30$. But we also went to Wal-mart for some disposables and the film tech. informed us that a flash is not nessacary, just let whomever is developing the film know that they are underwater pics. They can then add diff. colors etc. or whatever they do and you won't need a flash. Used 3 rolls this way and 1 in our Target camera and couldn't tell the diff. All our pictures turned out great. Good luck and have fun!

McKinney, Texas
reviews: 4
2. Re: Can't Find!!!!

Walgreen's, CVS Pharmacy, maybe even a camera store (we have Wolf's heres)sometimes even my grocery will have them. All else fails, I think they had them at the airport. We left our camera in the car, had to purchase 4 disposables at the airport. 40$ for the 4 but seems like they had the underwater as well. It is hard to find the ones with a flash, but Target is where I got ours.

Dallas
reviews: 1
3. Re: Can't Find!!!!

I just bought the new Pentax Optio WP digital camera and it is WATERPROOF in addition to a great digital camera otherwise. Check out the reviews on it on several sites- do a search for OPTIO WP. The reviews are mixed, but my personal experience is awesome. We have a pool, and I have used it underwater and it takes great pics. The detail and depth is great. Our pool is almost 40 feet long, and the camera can pick up detail all the way across the pool, so it would be really great for getting the reefs/ critters in the ocean. The camera itself can only go down to 5 feet deep (perfect for snorkeling). It is 5 meg. pix. and has a 3X zoom. IF you price shop on ebay or online, you can get it much cheaper than the advertised price. The camera alone was about $245.00.

When I factored the cost of the disposables, I thought, I may as well buy this digital and I love it so much that I use it as my primary digital camera now... (It even does video....and so much more)

I don't work for Pentax or anyone selling this camera, but I just love it. I will post when I return from Coz and report back on how it does in the ocean....

Wiltshire, U.K.
reviews: 1
4. Re: Can't Find!!!!

If all else fails try ebay.