We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to rent....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Where to rent....

Where is a dependable place to rent a jeep? Are they air conditioned? First time out of the state much less out of the country. We can't really afford to do much except explore the island. Company is sending us for free, but cash is very limited. Thanks

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
reviews: 67
1. Re: Where to rent....

I find Executive Rental to be among the most trustworthy. Its best to go to the website to have a look at rates and whats available.

Enjoy!

houston
2. Re: Where to rent....

I will be in Coz on July 18th for the first time but here is some of the answers I have found after extensive research on car rentals... jeeps are more expensive and yes most of them have a/c. If money is not an issue then go for the jeep! Now, as far as insurance goes... your US insurance does not cover you in Mexico. To avoid any unwanted financial situations I suggest to go with every bit of insurance the rental car company offers. With every car rental place I contacted (atleast 6 or 7) even after purchasing all this insurance if there was to be any damage to the vehicle you still have to pay a $1000 deductible or 15%-20% of the car's value if it was totaled. So, ALAMO was the only one I found that has a DEDUCTIBLE WAIVER!! $8.00/day for no deductible!! I think this is the way to go!

usa
3. Re: Where to rent....

which alamo rental is closest to the airport? Cozumel Puerto Maritimo, Cozumel Puerto Puerta Maya, or Cozumel Main Office?

Texas
reviews: 5
4. Re: Where to rent....

You can rent a basic, non AC jeep for $44 a day,including full coverage..A newer jeep with AC ,will be double that..My personal advice is, DO NOT rent anything without full coverage..

Michigan
reviews: 3
5. Re: Where to rent....

Where can you do this, 1 life?

Island Lake
reviews: 2
6. Re: Where to rent....

I heard that on 10av Fun in the Sun has trackers for $35 and vw convertables for $25

Oklahoma
7. Re: Where to rent....

It's also a good idea to photo or video any damage to the vehicle before you get in, and make sure the agent sees you do this. Make him stand there while you discuss any dents or scratches. We always do this, and have never had any additional charges when we returned them.