We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegro Cozumel vs. Occidental Grand

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warwick, RI
reviews: 3
Allegro Cozumel vs. Occidental Grand

Any comments on which is better?

Phoenix, Az
reviews: 2
1. Re: Allegro Cozumel vs. Occidental Grand

"Better" Is a subjective term.

Look at the context... the Allegro is a bit cheaper, a younger crowd, and the atmosphere is more lively and feel more of like a party. Although the rooms and the property are older. The beach at the Allegro is larger as well.

The Grand is more quiet, guests tend to be slightly older, and it is more upscale.... not that the Allegro is bad, but the grand is definitely nicer. However the beach at the grand is smaller (although I never had a problem getting real estate (a chair) on the beach. From what i have heard the restaurants at the grand are nicer as well.

so think of it as 2 different hotels for two different types of travelers. I think the grand is less child friendly as well due to the overall clientele being older= less kids (less for them to do and less other children to play with).

So factor your likes/dislikes and your budget into the decision. They are directly next to each other on the island so it is not a distance from airport issue.