We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooters

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scooters

I read that you have to have a major credit card to rent scooters in Cozumel. Is this true? I do not carry major credit cards.

Edmonton CANADA
reviews: 1
1. Re: scooters

We rented 2 without a CC, (I had one but leary on giving the #)

We left a 500 Pesos ($50) deposit for the 2 scooters ($25 each)

They were $20 each for the whole day plus $3 for fuel or you can fill it before you bring it back...

We had them only 1/2 day got the $50 back and only gave $1 for each scooter for gas as we barely rode them and they still said FULL.

Just walk around and try 2 or 3 rental places the deals will get better and better as you look around...

Cozumel, Mexico
reviews: 54
2. Re: scooters

You may want to consider renting a car also. For the price of two scooters, you can have a convertible beetle and be able to carry more with you and have a safer ride. There are quite a few scooter accidents here on the island and no matter how safe you drive, there are cars that do not see you. Have a good time

tom@hotelflamingo.com

Cozumel, Mexico
3. Re: scooters

Every week someone goes home in a pine box in the cargo section of the plane, grieving loved ones above, every week. Even experienced riders have accidents here, the roads suck, uneven, loose gravel, crazy cab drivers, pot holes add this to poorly maintained machines, distracted and unexperienced tourists and lack of laws regulating scooter rentals, and you have a recepie for tragedy, get this, the moped rental guys make MORE money if you crash, so they'll rent to anyone.

DO NOT RENT MOPEDS:

M ost

O ften

P eople

E nd up

D ead/isabled

S top and think about it.....

PLEASE ENJOY COZUMEL, AND GET A CAR!!!!!!