We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Chichen Itza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

does anyone know how long it takes to get there and how long at the place from the lindo? We are only going to the resort for 7 days and so I don't want to eat up too much time at tours. Also, we have a 7 year old boy and a baby who is now 5 1/2 months old. Will this excursion be very difficult with kids?

CT
reviews: 30
1. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

I think it is too far with kids. We stayed in Playacar which is about 30 minutes south of the Lindo and went to Coba and that was 2hours away from our resort. Chichen Itza is even further south. (closer to 5 hours, I think from the Lindo but not sure.) With the ages of your kids I wouldn't do Coba either because you have to hike into the jungle in order to climb Coba. We took our 10 year old to Coba and he loved it but I don't know if I would have taken him at 7.

Have you considered Tulum? It is the closest and looks very pretty.

With your littest one I would lean more towards relaxing at the resort. There will be plenty for them to enjoy there.

virginia
2. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

Thanks for the response. I agree. The problem will be telling that to my husband. He is such a good man and so I don't want to hurt his feelings because he really wants to go to chichen itza. I just know he wouldn't go alone either. Any suggestions?

eureka
reviews: 2
3. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

they might have baysitting service at the resort,genrally it lasts all day,so you and your hubby can go alone.....just my thoughts Rod

CT
4. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

I totally understand your dilemna because "Men are from Mars and Woman are from Venus." Does your husband know you can't climb Chichen Itza anymore? That might change his mind. You can only climb Coba.

Have you ever done a comparable road trip with your kids and they acted up and it made for a long grueling trip? Remind your husband of this...then add in how you will have to cart the diaper bag, stroller, snacks, and it will be HOT! Or compare it to the Cancun airport. That is not fun with kids either. (Not that I want to scare you and I'm sure your kids are well behaved. Just wear layers so when you hit the airport you can move into a tank top and flip flops because it is hot and you have to wait in line a lot. Take plenty of snacks and juice for the kids and you'll be fine.) But anyways after you go through that ask him if he really wants to do a TOUR with kids...Reassure him that you'll come back someday when the kids are older and you can do a tour OR send him on his merry way alone on a tour!

On the other hand in February when we stayed at our AI resort in Playacar we actually took a very cool and adventuresome tour to Coba via alltournative tours and my husband hated it but my son and I loved it. My hubby practically kissed the ground once we returned to the resort. Not only did we climb Coba but we did a zip line, swam in a cenote, kayacked, rappelled into a cenote and had lunch in a Mayan village. My husband only glanced at the itinerary when he said to go ahead and book it and I know if he had read the description he wouldn't have done it (I didn't realize how he hates heights!!!)

But my son was 10. A great age for stamina and adventure.

Hope this helps!

CT
5. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

I know some people would disagree but I would NEVER leave my kids with a babysitter in another country especially a little one under 6 months old!!!!

virginia
6. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

I am actually bringing my sister along to babysit. The deal is a free trip for her and we get a babysitter for moments here and there. I could leave the kids with her but then I would feel guilty for leaving her out on this tour. But, after hearing your thoughts, I may just leave her out of the chichen itza thing.

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
7. Re: how far away via tour from iberostar lindo?

Saleeb.....4 hours to Chitz. It is a lot of walking and the heat is and humidity is pretty heavy.