We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for Mexico City and Cancun!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 11
Tips for Mexico City and Cancun!

This is my plan so far, is it posible, any tips and advice, any changes you would make? (Im going with my boyfriend)

Day 1 – Late flight from Costa Rica to Mexico City Vuelo, Hotel Ejecutivo or Hotel Catedral?

Day 2 – Visit Historic Center, Cathedral, Zocalo, Bellas Artes, Chapultepec, Reforma, Zona Rosa, El Angel using turibus

Day 3 – Coyoacan, Frida’s House and Estadio Azteca. The last stop with turibus SUR is Tlalpan Historic Center or Mercado de Flores Tlalpan, how do I get from there to Estadio Azteca?

Day 4. Teotihuacán and La Basílica, Im not sure if I should take a tour or do it by ourselves. Is BestDay a good company? Do anyone know how close is Reino Animal, and how to get there from Teotihuacan?

Day 5. Day Tour to Taxco+Cuernavaca or Puebla+Cholula. Which one would you recommend?

Day 6. Flight from DF to Cancun. Do CunCrawl this night.

Day 7. Tour to Chichen Itza, cenote Ik Kil and Valladolid (probably with Cancun Best Discounts)

Day 8. Isla Mujeres, rent a golf cart

Day 9. Playa del Carmen + ___?? Im not sure about this one. I def want to go to Playa but I don’t know if I have time to visit Tulum and Coba and Akumal on the same day? Need help with this one!

Day 10. Flight from Cancun to Costa Rica

Thanks guys!

3 replies to this topic
Cancun
reviews: 18
1. Re: Tips for Mexico City and Cancun!

I do think is possible to do all this in one day:

Day 2 – Visit Historic Center, Cathedral, Zocalo, Bellas Artes, Chapultepec, Reforma, Zona Rosa, El Angel using turibus

Only the Chapultepec is min half day

glendale arizona
2. Re: Tips for Mexico City and Cancun!

skip day 3 and do Tulum, skip reino animal and spend more time in teotihuacan, try majestic hotel in mexico city or grand hotel, cathedral good option, day 5 taxco-cuernavaca, cut another day in mexico city and do Cozumel and playa have fun!!!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Tips for Mexico City and Cancun!

Thanks for the advice, I wish I had more time and money to stay more days, and Im not a fan of art and history so I could skip Fridas House, buy my boyfriend is a soccer fan, Estadio Azteca is a must for him. Maybe if we go to Teotihuacan on our on, we'll be back earlier and would have time to visit Estadio Azteca that day. THanks!

Reply to: Tips for Mexico City and Cancun!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted