We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around by Bus ok?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Getting around by Bus ok?

I'm planning on Staying at the Salvia Condo but I guess the buses run the whole length of the hotel zone and then some, correct?

Is it safe to assume that I can use the bus as my main mode of transport (excluding tours to far off places)?

Is it safe at night (they run 24 hrs right?)?

New York
reviews: 1
1. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

We just returned , my husband and two kids used the buses all the time. They were fine at all hours. They go pretty fast.

Have Fun

chicago il
reviews: 2
2. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

same as happy1. 2 little ones and us used all the time. 26 pesos for the four of us. it is an adventure make sure you sit down fast and get clear fast its a fun ride!! enjoy your trip!!!

Midlothian, Il
3. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

The bus is the best way to get around in Cancun. It costs 6.5 pesos per person and you can take it all of the way to Walmart. We left Coco bongo at 3 am and the buses were still going so I believe they go 24hrs.

reviews: 3
4. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

By far the cheapest way to get around Cancun. They are just as fast as any taxi also. My wife and I always felt safe and had no problems taking the bus.

Dayton, NJ
reviews: 2
5. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

The bus system is great. It is cheap and fast. the best part is that the bus will stop in between stops and ask you if you want to get on. I've seen them stop people walking in the opposite direction even! I'd like to see that in New York!

Decatur, Illinois
reviews: 1
6. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

We took busses all the time. No problems. I saw the bus drivers stopping between stops also. Other driver's didn't like it and there was lots of horn honking when they did this. We always felt safe on the bus. It was 6.5 pesos per person. Lots less expensive than a cab.

ND
7. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

I haven't been on one as of yet (just a few days away) but after you pay tell the driver where you are getting off and sit down fast, as I understand they get moving just a few seconds after you have paid.

Ohio
8. Re: Getting around by Bus ok?

When you get off the bus, you use the back door. There are buttons on the vertical bars that you hold on to that you push when you are right before your stop. It buzzes the drive to stop then you get off!! Make sure you have right change for the bus ride. Makes the drivers a lot happier!