We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun party, resort

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Cancun party, resort

We are four mid 20's guys looking at heading to cancun early December to party. What will the night life be like at this time of year? We are also thinking about staying at oasis the entertainment resort because of the value and a lot of reviews say its more of a younger crowd and there's more of a party...? I'm not sure whether to book this one as it has so many bad reviews... Is it really that bad? any help would be appreciated

Houston, Texas
reviews: 90
1. Re: Cancun party, resort

Food is terrible there and beach is very rough. It is most def a party hotel though. There are much better hotels for you. What about the ME?

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 11
2. Re: Cancun party, resort

There is always something going on in Cancun. Early Dec. won't be like spring break but the clubs are always fun anytime of the year. You usually get what you pay for. Everyone has different needs and tastes. Oasis is known for parties...not sure about that time of the year. Have you looked at the Riu Cancun...better food etc., still fun and close to the clubs.

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 11
3. Re: Cancun party, resort

Tommy233- Early Dec is the end of low season, who knows who will be there. It won't be like March though.

On hotels, all are All inclusive (AI)

1. Riu Cancun- 5-10 minute walk, or less to the major nightclubs. Usually attracts the 20/30's crowd, lively hotel. Need reservations for a la carte rest, and beach is kinda narrow.

2. Golden Parnassus- 4-5 miles from the clubs, need bus/taxi. Adult only, but mostly 40+ in age. No reservation rest, and nice beach. Lively hotel.

3. Grand Oasis/Oasis- 6-7 miles from the nightclubs, probably the cheapest option, 20's crowd. Lively hotel.

4. Temptation- 3-4 miles from the clubs, opposite direction, hotel is on top of the "7", not down the rightside. Adult only, age is all over the place, but probably 20/30's more. Lively hotel. Probably the most sexual of the choices.

5. Riu Caribe- On top of the "7" as well, a little more quite than the sister hotel, and a little further away, like 3 miles from the nightclubs. But better beach. Ages probably 20-50 range too, probably a little older.

6. ME by Melia- Adult Orientated, not adult only. However, probably is nicest/best amendities standard of the choices, ages 20-50, and a more lively crowd. Probably the most expensive of the group though. About 1.5-2.5 miles from nightclubs.

I would look at these six, and read the reviews here on TA, not verified. Also on Expedia/Orbitz verified reviews. Look at the guest pictures here on TA. Which one looks nicer to you? Which one is cheapest for your travel dates?

If I was you, and I am not, but.... I probably would go with Riu Cancun, or Caribe if I was your age/budget.

Adelaide
4. Re: Cancun party, resort

Thank you for all replys.

Raul-Amy yeah that's what I have read. We're not very fussy eaters and will most probably be hung over most days. But still want to be able to eat there if we're paying for AI. What are the rooms like? what's the food like in the Grand part.

Seesea99 I have looked at the Riu but it is $119 a night compared to the oasis which is 80 and over the time were there saves us a few hundred each.

C-busdawg the Riu sounds like the best option but is to expensive for us. The oasis is $80 a night and the grand oasis is $102 just not sure about spending the extra if there's no real differnece. Thank you for your reply helped.

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 57
5. Re: Cancun party, resort

I feel like if you're just there to party the hotel really doesn't matter all that much ( in terms of luxury)....when I was 19 my friends and I went to ocean city md and stayed at the worst hotel I could ever imagine! Probably the most fun trip I've ever had because we were there to party. As long as you can walk to the clubs it really won't matter. Have fun!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 90
6. Re: Cancun party, resort

Not sure how the rooms are in Oasis, but know people who have stayed there and hated it lol.. Have stayed at the Riu Caribe and Cancun and for you I would recommend both. Food is pretty decent at both and have great pool and beach areas and just ok rooms.

Adelaide
7. Re: Cancun party, resort

Thank you for your help, think we will just stay in oasis. There more for the party and fun so may as well go cheap.

Eagan, Minnesota
reviews: 27
8. Re: Cancun party, resort

The Oasis isn't great but alright for the money. The pool and beach are awesome. Lots of partying. The food is just OK and the lines kind of suck. But, the drinks were good and we met lots of fun people. Our room was decent, just leave the maid a couple bucks for a tip. You will have a blast if you are there mostly for the party.

9. Re: Cancun party, resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 02, 2014