We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fife
reviews: 32
royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Has anyone done the one week at each?. Which one was your favourite and why. Pros and cons please. Having a dilemna whether to do 2 weeks in one hotel or one week in each

Dawn

MA.
1. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Dawn,

My wife and I have stayed at both and if you are going for two weeks I would stay at each resort for a week. The 2 areas that the hotels are in are very different. I would stay at the Royal Playa Del Carmen first and than the Royal Cancun second because it is closer to the airport for the transfer back to the airport. Playa Del carmen is more of a laid back atmosphere where the hotel is in walking distance of 5th ave which has several shops, restaurants and bars. There is a ferry also located in walking distance if you wanted to take a day trip over to the island of Cozumel. Cancun everything is not in walking distance and you would have to take the bus or a cab to most areas. Each resort is very nice and they are pretty much the same as far as quality of food and drink but the Royal Cancun has better rooms.

fife
2. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Thanks squidxixma. Ooooohhh.... I dont know :|. Stayed in cancun before and the beach and the stunning views are just so beautiful. Though ee havent stayed in pdc , we have been for a couple of days out on 5th avenue and we quite like the idea of having a couple of drinks or just going for leisurely walks after dinner some nights. . Good idea doing pdc then cancun for transfers. Also thinking pdc wll probably be later nights so will be nice to just chillac at royal cancun.

Dawn

fife
3. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Thanks squidxixma. Ooooohhh.... I dont know :|. Stayed in cancun before and the beach and the stunning views are just so beautiful. Though ee havent stayed in pdc , we have been for a couple of days out on 5th avenue and we quite like the idea of having a couple of drinks or just going for leisurely walks after dinner some nights. . Good idea doing pdc then cancun for transfers. Also thinking pdc wll probably be later nights so will be nice to just chillac at royal cancun.

Dawn

McKinney, Texas
reviews: 43
4. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

We have stayed at both - I would absolutely do 1 week at both. You will love each one. Like the previous response, I would do PDC first, then Cancun. You will have a blast!!!!

Savannah,GA
reviews: 65
5. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Agree that the 1st week or a little less in Playa then Cancun. There are many atractions near playa that you can get to easier then from Cancun. There is still plenty to see from Cancun also. Keep in mind that even tho the ocean front rooms in Playa are nice, all the rooms in the Cancun Royal are ocean front/view and to a much bluer ocean, I would also go to Chechen Itza from Cancun not Playa, about the same distance but from Cancun you are on a nice 4 lane highway.

Richland, New York
reviews: 15
6. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Great advice about doing a week at each resort. We have stayed at both and if I had only one week I would stay at The Royal in Cancun. I like Playa more than Cancun but like the Royal in Cancun more than the one in PDC. Just love the ocean view rooms in Cancun and the beaches and water color in Cancun can not be beat.

Portland, Maine
reviews: 42
7. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Have stayed at both. Usually stayed 12-14 days. I did a review/comparison of each area of both resorts. This is the link.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150807-d642…

Houston, Texas
reviews: 90
8. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

We have stayed at both as well, love PDC, just because the beach is so much calmer and is located right on 5th Ave, so you can easily walk to anything. Food is same at both, Royal in Cancun all are ocean view rooms, the one in Cancun also seems a little bit more up class, and not as lively as Royal in Cancun, Love both, but if we had to pick one would pick PDC over Cancun.

fife
9. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

Thanks guys. Hubbys off to the travel agent to change our 2weeks at playa for one week in each. Cant wait for16th september. Also going to a wedding at gran bahia principe which i love aswell so all in all, quite an exciting time ahead of us

Dawn

10. Re: royal cancun v"s royal playa del carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 28, 2014