We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single gay man going to Cancun

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
reviews: 7
Single gay man going to Cancun

Hello all

I decided to go enjoy my 42nd birthday in Cancun in August , for 2 weeks.

I am gay, single and traveling by myself.

I need help with suggestions for hotel / resort , and Mayan excursions ?

Do you think car rental is necessary ?

Is the downtown of cancun attractive and busy ?

I am starting to get nervous as the only gay resort is in Tulum and the reviews about it are mixed ...

Thank you in advance

Va
reviews: 15
1. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

What does your sexual orientation have to do with anything?

Gypsum, Colorado
reviews: 15
2. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

It has everything to do with everything. Or do you think some hotels label themselves LGBT friendly for no purpose. If I was single I wouldn't want to land in a hotel or nightclub with a large percentage of gay people, and ruin my chances of meeting "the ladeezzz". And I don't know about Cancun, but Mexico as a whole, is not a very forward thinking country.

Edited: 10:15 am, July 25, 2013
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 36
3. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

So many hotels to choose from it's impossible to list them all !! All inclusive and non all inclusive, Cancun or the Mayan Riviera . Tulum is probably the farthest from Cancun. Because you are asking about downtown Cancun then I would stay in Cancun for nightlife, shopping, dinning. Plenty of resorts to pick from although I am not sure about gay resorts and I am thinking a resort is a resort. Lots of excursions that you can book at your hotel that will include transportation to and from. A car is not needed. Go to the tabs up top and see things to do, gives you an idea of some excursions and what you can do in the area. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
4. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

I really think that as long as you stay at a mega-resort, you have access to all people - in general, I think Cancun is very gay friendly. If you'd like to see prior posts where "gay" was mentioned, just type it into the search box above your post, and see the list and prior responses.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

The "Oasis Sens" now advertises as Gay & Lesbian friendly....

Lincoln, Nebraska
reviews: 21
6. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

I think the Cancun and Rivera Maya are all very forward thinking. I feel like the area is very open to all kinds of people. I myself have never seen any form of sneering or shocked looks at much of anything down there, and I've seen a lot of very diverse crowds all over the YP.

Not only that, your traveling has a single man, who's to know your gay anyways?

I envy your two week alone trip. Sounds blissful.

Enjoy your trip

Happy travels

Edited: 11:06 am, July 25, 2013
glas scotland
reviews: 9
7. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

Have a great time, http://cancun.gaycities.com/ here is a link that will give you a starting point.

berwyn, illinois
reviews: 5
8. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

It really only matters if he is hoping to meet Mr. Right or Mr. Right Now while on vacation. Otherwise I agree with sunngod. No one should feel like they have to go to a specific resort simply because of their sexual orientation.

St. Louis, MO
9. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

My husband and I stayed at the Live Aqua last year and this year and we met several gay couples there. It is close to the airport, close to shopping and nightlife, and adults only so no screaming children. We loved it there.

Berkeley, California
10. Re: Single gay man going to Cancun

Hello All. Thank you for the replies. It is very helpful.

Although my primary purpose of going to Cancun is spending time on the beach, suntanning and relaxation, I would not mind running into other gay men and making new friends.

Mariaguapa, meeting Mr Right ( or right now ) is not on my list, but I am not closed to it either.

So I understand that downtown Cancun is not an attraction by itself. is that right ?

Is it a cab drive from the hotels ?

How about biking in Cancun. Is that an option ?

How do you feel about visiting the Mayan Ruins ( chichen Itza and others ) . is it worh to spend an overnight there, or more, or just a day trip ?

Thanks again

O.M.