We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VA
Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Does anyone know about airport transportation from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen? I am looking for the cheapest price but a safe and reliable one.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Coba
reviews: 12
11. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

ADO BUS! Approx. $11 usd will let you off at main terminal at 5th and Juarez. Walk, cab or take pedi-cab to your hotel from there (most places are in the $5 and under range). I like to take the pedi-cab and have him wait as I run into a store and get my first bottle of tequila for the room. I like that immediate immersion of sights, ccolors, smells, sounds...

The bus has a cargo hold underneath and compartments for your carry-ons, TV's every few seats, and a bathroom. Very clean and professional. You can buy your ticket inside the terminal or at the agent curbside-as someone said walk out of terminal, turn right and they park just past the bar.

Savage, Minnesota
reviews: 8
12. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

My wife is in the travel industry, so that may have something to do with the difference.

Albany, New York
13. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Canada Transfers seems to be one of the more up and coming popular private transfer services. I just booked transfers with them to SMB in September ran me about $80, very very reasonable. Even includes a couple of drinks and waters.

If you're not interested in private the ADO bus is by fast true cheapest, and much nicer buses than found in the states.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
14. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Private (direct) Transfers from the airport to Playa will average about $90-100 round trip for 1-3 people ($45-50 each way) - using Canada Transfers as an example

A Shared transfer like Best Days will be less just as ADO Bus

imho, tranfers like Lomas are great but expensive and luxurious - plus recent reviews are they push their excursions too much

VA
15. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Does anyone have experience with Super Shuttle in Cancun? Are they reliable?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
16. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Why did you choose this - looks like a US Nation wide web site (e.g. a 3rd party site - thus you may not know who your shuttle company is)

http://www.supershuttle.com/

I wouldn't use them

ADO, Best Day, Canada Transfers - yes - recommended

Vancouver
Destination Expert
17. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Only found 1 review (unanswered though)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k6029884…

Canada
18. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Thanks guys! Cold Sols on ice in a Navigator sound s like a great way to start your stay again in PDC.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
19. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

Cold Sols in a new Mercedes Van (half price than a Navigator) are my plans

20. Re: Airport transport from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 28, 2014