We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
reviews: 4
secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

my hubby and I are planning a last minute trip to cancun and can't decide which to book. iberostar is 200 dollars less than me cancun and secrets the vine. the only problem is its not adult only and neither is me. we have stayed at great parnasus big mistake kids everywhere, golden parnassus twice its ok but outdated and beach palace which was awesome. which one of these 3 is most like the beach palace ? I am booking this trip by tomorrow afternoon , I have been researching all three and they all look nice , the only drawback to secrets is the lack of privacy, from what I have read. thanks for any input

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 8
1. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

havent been but have done research on all of them. IF you can swing the extra $$$ forget iberostar. It's just too many levels below the other 2 in quality. I have heard on the boards that ME gets you with a good price but then nickels and dimes if you book a lower category room (can someone further explain and confirm?) It's one of the reasons we knocked ME off our list. I'm a bit partial though- b/c we are booked for STV for October. Brand new, adults only and the food should be great. Sure the place might be a tad cramped for space but IMO- it's leaps and bounds better than 80% of the choices right now in the hotel zone.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 1
2. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

We wouldn't go to any of those. Check out the other Secrets properties, they are better, especially Maroma. I noticed Secrets was having a sale of buy 3 nights and get one free recently, so maybe the price will be right, not sure, Also, Iberostar has some better properties south of Cancun about 30 minutes or so.

illinois
3. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

thanks for the help , we just don't have many hotels to chose from since its so last minute. plus we want to stay in the cancun hotel zone. we almost booked a cruise but we liked cancun so much I am afraid the cruise won't measure up.

Orange, California
reviews: 64
4. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

If you have to stay all inclusive, Sandos Cancun looks good, too.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 67
5. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

We stayed at Beach Palace and did not like it. Food was lousy, time share sharks were relentless, pool area was cramped and loud.

I would also look at Sandos Cancun. We enjoyed our recent stay and I would choose it over the others on your list. Large rooms, great staff, great pool area that is uncrowded and pretty beach. Awesome new spa and gym. And just the right size IMO.

You could not pay me to stay at Iberostar Cancun - massive, restricted dining - or ME, which is loud enough just walking by or staying next door. Looks like a Maxxum commercial to me.

Edited: 8:00 am, July 13, 2013
Springboro, Ohio
reviews: 2
6. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

ME is the Pits IMHO I wouldn't waste my time!!!!! We hated that place and as Caviar said not only are the dining restrictions horrendous so was the food awful and many time not worth puting in your mouth in fact the sea grass was probably better. Run as fast and as far away from that one as you can!!!

illinois
7. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

thanks , we are going to listen to the advice especially about me and iberostar . and I agree the food at beach palace was pretty bad , but we thought it was at the great parnassus and golden parnassus too. I am thinking that Sandos was next to golden parnassus , and used to be le meridian ?

Fishkill, NY
reviews: 35
8. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

We're at STV now and have stayed at ME. Book STV..much better and much more bang for your buck.

Orange, California
reviews: 64
9. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

Yes, the Sandos was the old LeMeridien.

10. Re: secrets the vine, iberostar cancun or me cancun ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 15, 2014