We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Caribe

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kilmarnock
reviews: 6
Gran Caribe

Morning,

Myself and my fiancee will be heading to the Gran Caribe next month for our honeymoon. Could someone please give me the pros and cons of upgrading? Is it really worth the extra money? And also how much would the likely cost be to do this? I know there is also the option of upgrading to the Royal but I went for the Gran Caribe as it seems to have a bit more nightlife. Was I correct in doing this or is the Royal worth upgrading too?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Richland, New York
reviews: 15
1. Re: Gran Caribe

In my opinion it is definitely worth upgrading to the Royal unless you enjoy little kids running all over the place. Food and drinks much better at the Royal and all rooms have a beautiful ocean view. Also the pool at Gran Caribe is way to small for the size of the resort. If your traveling with kids its a great resort, if not look at other options.

Glasgow-Scotland
reviews: 11
2. Re: Gran Caribe

Depends what you are after but I'd absolutely upgrade..we went to royal last summer..loved it. Rooms are gorgeous..great restaurant choices..spa is fab..pool area is lovely and non stop service..we also enjoyed the night time shows. Royal guests can access caribe, went one night and couldn't leave quick enough..too busy with children, not the same level of drinks/food. If I was you, I'd do it

Kilmarnock
3. Re: Gran Caribe

Thanks for the replies. Do you have any idea of the costs that are involved to upgrade?

Glasgow-Scotland
reviews: 11
4. Re: Gran Caribe

I'm sorry I don't, we booked directly to go to royal..but there are very experienced members on here that could help you. You will love the royal and be completely spoilt!

Kilmarnock
5. Re: Gran Caribe

Great stuff. Thanks. We are not overly fussy people. As long as a place is clean, relaxed and decent service we are quite happy. I am unsure whether to try and upgrade through the travel agent or try and do it at the hotel when we get there as I am not sure what would be cheaper.

Savannah,GA
reviews: 61
6. Re: Gran Caribe

Upgrade when you get there it will be cheaper and do not take the 1st offer.

San Francisco...
reviews: 17
7. Re: Gran Caribe

upgrading while at the resort is based on availability. Check the Royal website to see the availability for the week you will be there. It is definitely worth upgrading though.

Kilmarnock
8. Re: Gran Caribe

I have emailed the gm at the caribe who has offered me an upgrade price of £800 for the full holiday plus VIP accommodation . Does this sound like a good deal or would I be better waiting until I arrive?

Brooklyn, New York
9. Re: Gran Caribe

What is included in VIP accomodation

Kilmarnock
10. Re: Gran Caribe

He never said. I am not overly bothered what it would be just whether it was a decent deal or not.