We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from STV...any questions??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 88
Live from STV...any questions??

Got here Saturday, we have been to Cancun at least 35 times and was really excited to try this new Secrets. So far, it has not lived up to everything we had read it was. The food is just ok, best meal so far was the Italian. Entertainment is pretty poor. Went to go for the beach walk at 10 am and no employee there to take us on a beach walk. Just diff things here and there.

47 replies to this topic
texas
reviews: 4
31. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

I could hear noise in the hallway but I live in apartment complex with thin walls so I'm use to outside noise and overlooked it.

Houston, Texas
32. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

I will be so glad when I'm home in my own bed. I know it's only 1030, but I not feeling well and having to hear this very LOUD live music from Hard Rock next door and I have no idea what all the clanking I hear from room service and the maids are doing at this hour!! Will never come back here.

Houston, Texas
33. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Beach in Mexico, same thing! We can hear the neighbors showering, sink running and their TV! It's ridiculous for a brand new place

Houston, Texas
34. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Blossom, well right when I tried to take an afternoon nap,Hard Rock decides to check their sound system for the show tonight. I was so tired at lunch today, I told my hubbie I was about to fall asleep.

Houston, Texas
35. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

And Blossom, request the Sandos side of course. I hope u have a great trip. I too, wanted to change hotels after reading some reviews on noise. Never had this problem at such a nice resort, much less brand new. Oh and our neighbors here at the hotel said they were told tonight Secrets in building another resort here in Cancun further down the strip, past Riu Caribe.

Orange, California
reviews: 60
36. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

hey raul amy, we have an ocean view honeymoon room, so not sure if we can request the Sandos side...

but thanks for the suggestion.

Hope you get some sleep tonight -- a vacation should leave you recharged, not exhausted! This resort is too expensive for this kind of experience...hope you leave a review after your stay. Funny how reviews don't mention this kind of thing, and you hear about it more on the forum...

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 1
37. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Blossom, I think if you have a Honeymoon Suite, you will be on the beachfront side, and wont have any noise from Hard Rock or Sandos, so you should be ok. :)

Houston, Texas
38. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

We leave to go home this evening, so I should sleep fine. Blossom, the honeymoon suites look nice!

Orange, California
reviews: 60
39. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Have a good trip home, raul-amy. Look forward to your full review.

The honeymoon suites do look nice, they're really the reason I booked after looking at the pics of them. BeachinMexico, we don't have an oceanfront suite, but on the other side facing the lagoon. Would love to be ocean front though, those views look amazing!

Hull
40. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

We had to call for security at 4am as the room next door came back and decided to carry on clubbing! Luckily they was spoken to and moved on!

Reply to: Live from STV...any questions??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted