We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from STV...any questions??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 89
Live from STV...any questions??

Got here Saturday, we have been to Cancun at least 35 times and was really excited to try this new Secrets. So far, it has not lived up to everything we had read it was. The food is just ok, best meal so far was the Italian. Entertainment is pretty poor. Went to go for the beach walk at 10 am and no employee there to take us on a beach walk. Just diff things here and there.

San Bruno...
1. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

"Went to go for the beach walk at 10 am and no employee there to take us on a beach walk." I Never heard of that? Does hotels provide this?

Edited: 6:17 pm, July 08, 2013
Houston, Texas
2. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Yes it was listed in the itinerary that is left with the turn down service. Not sure if it is every morning, but it was supposed to be at 10 am this morning. Not a big deal, just thought I would mention.

Orange, California
reviews: 60
3. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Thanks for reporting in. Appreciate it!

We are beach people, how is the shade availability on the beach re. umbrellas? Also availability of shade at pools. Are you staying in the preferred area, and if so, how's the pool?

How noisy are the rooms?

Houston, Texas
4. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Blossom, there have been plenty of open chairs throughout the beach and pool since we have been here, we got here early Saturday morning. And if u want shade all you have to do is ask for an umbrella and they bring one to you. A worker actually approached us first, before we could even ask this morning:). And yes we are preferred, we are on the 21st floor which is the first floor that preferred starts at. I can hear the people's tv next door and we are on the Hard Rock side, which I had previously read was loud and Saturday night the live music coming from there kept us up until midnight. I wouldn't normally have minded but was tired from waking up to fly out at 3 am. But there hasn't been anymore live music since, so not sure if its just a weekend thing there. Other than that not too noisy, even though as reported you can hear the doors shutting all around. Also, the preferred pool is nice, we stayed here all day on Saturday. Very laid back and quiet.

Orange, California
5. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Thanks, Raul Amy! Nice to hear about the shade, and hope you're having nice weather.

Appreciate any and all opinions/observations you have.

Houston, Texas
6. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

Thanks! Having an overall good time. Each day there has been a 5 rain shower, but then it clears right up and is back to being sunny. We will see how tomorrows weather goes, the sheet in the room says 60% rain:( Ate at Bluewater Grill tonight, ordered the grilled chicken, it was not good at all. I then ordered two chicken empanadas and they were really good. You have to get the creme brûlée for dessert, it was wonderful.

Houston, Texas
7. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

5 min shower. Sorry typing from my iPad.

Hartford...
reviews: 13
8. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

thanks for doing the live from! have you been to other Secrets? If so, how do they compare? service, food, etc. we will be there in sep. non-preferred, considering upgrading to preferred mainly for the quiet pool. where do they usually have the entertainment? lobby? look forward to any other observations you may have! thanks!!!!

Orange, California
9. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

will have to start writing down what to order! Glad the weather's good...

Hartford...
reviews: 13
10. Re: Live from STV...any questions??

raul amy, oops! just noticed in another post you were at secrets maroma - would love to hear comparisons to that resort...we have been there as well, and are returning this year on the 2nd half of our vacation! i realize the layout is completely different, but how about the service & food etc.