We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport/Divorce/Same Name

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Passport/Divorce/Same Name

I recently got divorced. The name on my passport appears the same as it does on my driver's license (which is my married name). Do I need to bring all this other documentation (i.e., divorce papers, birth certificate, etc.) if the names appear the same?

Please help -- I'm leaving the first week in November. Thanks!!!

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Passport/Divorce/Same Name

As long as your plane ticket has the same name as your passport, everything will be ok. If you booked through a travel agent, they will be able to help you will further questions.

St. Louis, MO USA
reviews: 9
2. Re: Passport/Divorce/Same Name

If I where you, I'd just go with the flow till you can get it changed later. See no evil hear no evil...if you know what I mean.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 31
3. Re: Passport/Divorce/Same Name

As long as your passport and drivers' license match you are in good shape. Make sure your airline tkts. are in the name on your passport. Actually, if using your passport, you won't need anything else for boarding/hotel check in.

St. Louis, MO USA
reviews: 9
4. Re: Passport/Divorce/Same Name

If your plane ticket has your NEW name on it (if you changed it already or got remarried) then it's a different story. You will need to get a new photo ID with your new name on it. Bring along your birth certificate, divorce papers, new marriage licence, and some want the old marriage license to show the name change from your first legal name. It is a big hassle for a divorced woman. Get a new passport asap, so you don't have to bring your life history along with you next time.