We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 5
Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

How did it go with your E-Cig and juice going through your local airport and returning home through the Cancun Airport??

Thanks!

~B

Pittsburgh
1. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

I've flown with my e-cig and juice about a dozen times. I just keep it in my carry-on and no troubles (sometimes I put backups in my checked bag, but I usually only go carry-on). I've never even been asked about it. Don't forget to put your juice in your ziplock.

Saint Louis...
2. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

What about coming home from Cancun? They haven't aloud any liquid on our carry ons for years when we go thru. How did you get thru without being questioned? I just want to make sure I don't get anything taken away obviosuly. (New to this by the way)

Pittsburgh
3. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

Just follow the standard liquid 3-1-1 restrictions...1 quart size ziplock bag per person, all liquids must be in bottles must be less than 3.4 oz inside the ziplock. I carry my e-liquids in 1oz bottles.

Saint Louis...
4. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

Even when going home? They somehow check me everytime and will take those my 3 oz and smaller items, so I stopped putting any liquid on my carry on on return flights. Good to know that I will just put this in my bag on the return flight and shouldn't haveany issues.

Thanks Again!

Massachusetts
reviews: 24
5. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

The problem may be that you are putting the zip lock, with liquids inside, in your carry on. It has to be left out, separate, and placed on top of your other items going through the xray machine. Once through security, then you can put it in your bag.

But, then again, in Mexico, they seem to do as they please sometimes.

Edited: 2:57 pm, May 19, 2013
Saint Louis...
6. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

Going through security was always fine, it just seemed that everytime we board the the plane, I tend to be the lucky one being searched again. That's where they always take my liquids. If I make it past security with it this time and get searched at the door, I'll ask for a manager before they take it away at that point. All other liquids will still remain in my checked luggage on my return flight.

7. Re: Anyone Vapor? E-Cigs thru airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 21, 2014