We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

My wife wants to to swim with the Dolphins. How strong of swimmer do you have to be if at at all? Should we book before or trip in June? We want to to do one or two excursions if not Dolphinaris, what would you recommend?

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 11
1. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

Ackarian- I have not done SwD at Dolpinaris, but if it's anything like it is at Wet N Wild it don't matter. My parents in there early 70's did it. Older out of shape people were doing it. You do a lot of standstill action, while they do tricks, and stuff. Only when you get on there back, and go for a fast 7 second ride to the edge of the pool, and you can skip that like my parents did. I don't know how to better explain it. Your in a swimming pool, or a salt water netted in area 5-8 feet deep, bad swimmers just hang on at the edge, better ones are out in the water 10-15 feet from the edge. Life jackets are mandatory, just in case.

There are boatloads of excursions to do, just to many to even try to list. Water, land, history, drinking, shopping, sportslike, lazylike??? I would look at the Things to Do listing up above, and look at Orbitz/Expedia for a sample of different types of excursions they sell. Then come and ask more specific questions when you narrow it down to 1-4 your interested in.

Don't worry about pre-booking, most won't be sold out when you arrive, and even if they are, they add another bus, or book it thru another company. Besides you might change your mind once down there, then your stuck. Your call though.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 11
2. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

Dolphinaris is the one at Wet n’ wild and you have nothing to worry about; my skills in the water are atrocious! Really the only water I do well with is when it’s frozen and I’ve got a stick in my hands… I had a blast with it so if I can do it mostly anyone can haha have fun!

Upstate NY
reviews: 15
3. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

We did Dolphin Discovery in Tortola and no swimming skills were needed. We had to wear a vest and most of the time we were standing. I would expect Dolphinarius to be similar, so no worries.

watertown
reviews: 15
4. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

Don't have to be a strong swimmer, as far as booking they offer a 20 and 25 % discount if booked online in advance. Awesome place enjoy.

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

Thank you all for your insights!

edmonton
reviews: 102
6. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

my 11 year old daughter did it on her own. You wear a lifejacket to there is no need to swim. I wish now that I had done it.

7. Re: Dolphinaris strong swimmer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 28, 2014