We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking day trips

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington, United...
Booking day trips

Im travelling to cancun in september and looking to do about 4 day trips. we are travelling with thompsons who are offering day trips to book before we go. Would it be cheaper to book before we go or once there?

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Booking day trips

I'd wait. There will be multiple tour operators in your resort selling tours. You can compare prices and even barter, as it is acceptable to do so in Mexico.....

Charlotte, North...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 54
2. Re: Booking day trips

Can't say whether it would be cheaper or not, I guess you could google trips you are thinking of doing for price comparisons, but I'd wait till you arrive. September weather can sometimes be ify and may play into the days you take your excursions.

Mpls / St. Paul
reviews: 1
3. Re: Booking day trips

I personally prefer to book the tours directly through the place. For example, when going to Xel-Ha, book directly from the Xel-Ha site. For me, I like the peace of mind of not having to deal with a third-party passing the buck if something goes wrong. We also got discounts for booking online, and it was basically the same price as if I had booked through the resort concierge.

I would also wait until about a week before your trip to book so you can check the weather. At least, that's what we did and it was super slick.

Savannah,GA
reviews: 58
4. Re: Booking day trips

Book in Cancun if for no other reason then for the assurance that the weather will be good the day you go. If you go to Chichen Itza go on the coolist day you will be there. Inland is usually a few degrees hotter then the coast & alot higher humidity. Have a great holiday.

San Francisco...
5. Re: Booking day trips

I see no advantage to waiting just to see the short term weather forecast. We just returned and the forecast for our time there was completely wrong.

I would wait to get receipts in writing and minimize exposure of your credit card.

6. Re: Booking day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 26, 2014