We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moberly, Missouri
reviews: 1
Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

A friend of mine travels often and recommended this website to assist in my travel planning. My fiancé and I have never left the United States so looking at a bunch of photos online and trying to decide where to honeymoon has been rather difficult. A friend suggested posting on here with what I'm looking for and I may get some answers to my burning questions! I want to say thanks in advance to anyone who helps. It's much appreciated.

We are looking for a resort in Cancun, preferably All-Inclusive, that has plenty of dining options, is beach-front, and has all the basic amenities. We are big food buffs so having access to great dining is important to us. We are young, 23 & 27, so we would prefer a resort geared towards being fun and exciting. I seen that some resorts offer adult-only sections and I like that idea but it isn't a must.

As far as activities go, we have two things we want to do. He wants to deep sea fish and I want to swim with dolphins. As long as these two things can be accommodated we are smooth sailing!

We have had friends travel to Mexico and they shared their concerns regarding bar hours and dress code. We enjoy the bar, probably more than what we should, so we would like a place that has great bar hours also.

I hope that I don't sound too picky, I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect and what can be done. I guess I can close by saying that we don't want to spend a ton of money. We don't want to go over $300 a night or $1500 for the entire 5 night stay.

I look forward to any responses and again I appreciate anything I can get!

Grand Junction...
reviews: 37
1. Re: Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

What time of year will you be traveling? That will make a big difference in whether or not your budget is doable.

Moberly, Missouri
2. Re: Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

We are arriving September 30th and departing October 5th. So far, I have found what seemed to be amazing hotels at the rate I need, I'm just having a hard time sorting out the minor details. For example, food, bar hours, etc.

Minnesota
3. Re: Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

Definitely check out The Royal Cancun, the adults only one by Real Resorts. Upgrade to the suite room as the lowest room is most likely to have double beds. I think it is one of the best places thay could fit you budget and still have a killer ocean front room.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 4
4. Re: Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

Here is my favourite location to swim with the dolphins:

www.aquariumcancun.com.mx

It is located at the back of La Isla mall and the ticket will give you free access to the aquarium. Great location to take pictures and video from the passerelle above. Make your reservations three days in advance.

mass
reviews: 2
5. Re: Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

If I was to go on my honeymoon again, I would definitely go adults only. Secrets the Vine is offering great prices because they are a really new hotel. The bar stays open late and from what the reviews say the food is awesome. You get top notch service, wonderful food, and beutiful beach and room views. Also, it is more affordable now because it is new hotel. I wasn't sure if you meant that you wanted to spend 1500 per person or all together. we paid 2000 for the two of us for 5 nights. we are going in june. any of the all inclusive hotels have good bar hours, they are all open pretty late. Excellence in Porto Morelos is also a great adults only all inclusive. very good food and service.

6. Re: Honeymoon in Cancun - HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 18, 2014