We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 8
mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Looking for some advice please.Yesterday we visited a travel agent in Dublin who offered us a great honeymoon deal for 4 nights in Orlando and seven in Cancun from September 15th- 30th.These are places we have always wanted to go,but as its our honeymoon we do want to be able to enjoy some sunbathing,Coming from Ireland where it pretty much rains every day can some one tell me should we expect rain every day...would it normally rain every day here all day at this time of year ? I am getting a bit nervous reading about hurricanes in the area and am wondering should we just look at somewhere else ? i know its not possible to predict the weather at this time,but Any advise on this topic would be appreciated.

Mi.
reviews: 14
1. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Rain everyday, No but expect it to be hot and humid. Predicting weather that far out is impossible but if you research averages in both locations you will see that they are mostly sunny. Hurricanes on the other hand unfortunately are an unknown but that odds of one impacting your stay are in your favor. We've been going for years and had to leave a couple days early in 2005 when Wilma decided to move in on Cancun.

My advice; book your trip, use lots of sunscreen, love your mate and ENJOY!

Kunkletown, PA
reviews: 9
2. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

First of all...congratulations ;-)

As far as Cancun is concerned, it is rainy season. Normally what this means is that is hot, very hot and sunny but it will rain just about every day. Generally this is a 15 -20 cloud burst then the sun pops out and after another 15 minutes you can't tell that it rained at all. This is why if you look at weather forecasts, it will have rain clouds every day. My wedding anniversary is Sept 12th so for the past 14 years my husband and I usually head to Mexico to celebrate our anniversary (We both LOVE the Riviera Maya just south of Cancun).

Orlando is a bit more north geographically and more inland. It is also very hot and much more humid (because you don't have the cool ocean breezes). Pretty much same forecast.

The rainy season does effect most all of the Caribbean. Yes it is hurricane season from about May - to the end of October so do make sure you have travel insurance. That said, the Caribbean is such a huge geographical area. It's like comparing Dublin weather to the South of France. By no means should you avoid going during rainy season. Just be preppared in case a hurricane does blow by you can cancel or postpone.

If sunshine is your absolute priority, the best place in the Caribbean is Aruba...actually the ABC islands of Aruba, Barbados or Curacao. Most hurricanes start off the coast of Africa and blow across the Atlantic forced northward by they jet stream and Gulf of Mexico currents. The ABC islands are out of that path so they are far dryer and a better bet if you must have guaranteed sunshine.

So no...you're not mad to plan your honeymoon to either of these destinations in Sept.

.. but I do have to ask...

After the stress of a wedding, a honeymoon for 4 days in Orlando and then a week in Cancun sounds a bit hectic. When you say Orlando, am I correct in assuming "theme parks"?

If this is the case, 4 days is really not enough to thoroughly see and do all that you will want to do. Cancun also has so much to see and do besides just laying on the beach. I appreciate that this is a big and very important trip for you. It's also a LONG flight from Ireland but honestly, to do it right and to be able to exhale and enjoy yourself, these are really two separate vacations.

So I say this with love...if you are mad about any part of this, it's trying to cram two vacations into one. I honestly believe you should pick one spot and thoroughly enjoy it. I work with clients across the pond all the time. If I can be of any further help, give a shout.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 35
3. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Book it you will love the weather in both places it will be hot and sunny with a few showers maybe!! We go to Cancun over the Labor Day week (usually the first week of September) and the weather has been perfect 86 degrees and partly sunny.... Congrats!! Ted&Julie

Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Thank you so much,I really appreciate your time to reply-Ami

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Thanks so much for your reply. We both love a bit of adventure and although our trip seems pretty active my fiancé has his heart set on seeing the Everglades and I can't wait to go to Disney,we are big kids a heart and there really is nothing like that in Ireland. Cancun will be our relax time,but I hope to fit a day trip to chicken Itza as I think that looks so interesting. We don't mind the odd shower,but would really welcome the sunshine too as we both love a bit of sun bathing.If you have any more advice on visiting the area we would really welcome it.The plan is to fly from Dublin to Orlando on the 15th of September...go to Disney world,sea world,universal and the fly to Miami for 3 days and do a day trip to the Everglades and the keys and then fly to Cancun and stay in the vine Cancun for 7 nights and try and take in a trip to Chichen Itza - Ami

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 4
6. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Iv gone to orlando in sept the past 3 yrs and we have gotten fab weather.u get heavy rainfall too but it dries up and within a half hr u wudnt no its rained at all. U will need to carry ur poncho around at all times!!! Wer planning the same trip as yourselves this yr too in sept.have never been to mexico so v nervous and excited :)

Mi.
7. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

The plan is to fly from Dublin to Orlando on the 15th of September...go to Disney world,sea world,universal and the fly to Miami for 3 days and do a day trip to the Everglades and the keys and then fly to Cancun and stay in the vine Cancun for 7 nights and try and take in a trip to Chichen Itza - Ami

Maybe I miss-understood your timeline do you have 4 days in Orlando, 4 days in Miami and 7 in Cancun?

If not there is no way you can do Disney World,Sea World & Universal Studio in one day, 2 of the 3 require multiple days each and from Miami, Key West is the better part of a day drive, one way!

Have a wonderful trip!

Orlando, Florida
8. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

Orlando is hot in September and drier than you think. There is the odd summer thunderstorm in the afternoons but believe me when I say we would have no lawn without sprinklers. Inland Florida is arid. And you will welcome a downpour in the heat. You already know about Cancun weather from the others. September is considered the most active month for hurricanes but you have to play the odds if you want to ever visit a tropical island. I say do it. You have lots of options if you get stuck in any of the three spots. BTW, do the Magic Kingdom, Universal and Sea World in that order. Harry Potter is the most awesome experience but it's not enough to make it my first choice in parks.

Savannah,GA
reviews: 58
9. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

DFo not worry about rain in either place. The odds of a hurricane iwhen you are there is slim. Should be just enough for Orlando but not enought for Cancun but it will work. If you can take a taxi or private tour to Chichen Itza to get the most in CI, cenote, Valladollde & Ek Balam.

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/76e56/

members.virtualtourist.com/m/16c43/e13dc/

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/7eb84/

10. Re: mad booking a honeymoon to Orlando & Cancun in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2014