We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scranton...
Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

My husband and I just booked a "Deluxe Garden View Room" at the Live Aqua from July 19th to the 26th. We got an excellent deal of 2300.00 total including flight and hotel. After seeing this resort was ranked #2 on Tripadvisor I felt quite confident I was getting a great deal and went ahead and booked this resort for our Anniversary trip.

After going through all the reviews on the resort (both here and other travel sites), I am now wondering if this was the best choice. I have read the rooms are loud and anything but "spa like": One review said the Garden Rooms are very small and have corroded doors and rusted fixtures and truly are not as modern as the pictures make it seem. Restaurants have long waits or you can't even get a reservation if you try once you get there through the duration of your trip. The property is "dated" and in need of a face lift.

If anyone has been at the Live Aqua and can give me your thoughts and opinions, tips or just share your experience (good or bad), I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!!!

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 40
1. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

We stayed in December, oceanview club room. The room was very comfortable, most of the restaurants do not need reservations. Beach was great, pools very nice, great service. Food was ok but nowhere as nice as Secrets The Vine.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 95
2. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

Don't believe the naysayers. The hotel is very nice and perfect for your anniversary. Enjoy! We did (and we have stayed at true 5 star resorts in the US and Caribbean and we loved Live Aqua).

Boston
reviews: 18
3. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

I've been to the Aqua multiple times. It compares favorably with all the other more expensive AAA five diamond nonAI properties I've also stayed at multiple times...Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott, and Grand Coral Beach. It was a brand new hotel before it was completely destroyed by Hurricane Wilma, and then completely rebuilt again so it's practically new. You will surely find something wrong with every resort if you want to. For the awesome price you pay, if you're not happy with the modern room decor nor great service nor good food there nor the incredible pools there, you might as well stay never vacation again. Everywhere other destination most likely way more overpriced.

Edited: 11:15 pm, March 24, 2013
Santa Barbara...
4. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

Nicole, I'm going to Live Aqua next week for 6 days. Like you I have become very skeptical about the choice I have made. Thinking about changing hotels. The Hotel does look outdated for how new/ remodeled it is. For some reason it just doesn't do it for me. Many reviews about FOOD sickness. I have stayed at The Royel the past 3 years, Exellent hotel, I don't think LA from the looks maches up to it. Just have a gut feeling.

In my opinion I would choose The Royal, Secrets Vine, Le Blanc$$$$$ , Sun Palace.

I could be wrong but LA #2, hhhhmmmmmm

West Chester, PA
reviews: 33
5. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

Just curious - what looks dated to you about it from the pictures? I stayed there 3 times in the past year and didn't think it was dated.

Santa Barbara...
6. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

I guess it may just be the pictures. Comparing to other hotels I've looked/ researched. Like I said, I May Be Wrong. But I am all ears, if u have any info that would be usefull.

West Chester, PA
7. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

I loved it. I really didn't see any areas in disrepair. On the other hand, I'm going to Sun Palace for the first time in April and I've heard from a couple of people saying it IS dated and scheduled for a facelift later this year. So I'm a little concerned and wondering if I should have booked LA again. If I had to give some criticism of LA, and this is nit picky, but the restaurant where you eat breakfast and turns into a Mexican restaurant at night, Siete, is a bit odd in decor and I am not crazy about the patterned chairs in there. But the rooms are lovely, definitely minimalistic in style but I liked it. It always seemed nice and clean to me.

I didn't get to try Secret Garden as that opened after my last visit.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 95
8. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

My theory is if you think you won't like it then once you are there you will make sure that you don't like it. If that is your feeling then I would say book somewhere else. My husband and I both loved Live Aqua but we didnt' got into our vacation with any preconceived ideas prior to arrival. We figured it would be what it would be and it turned out to be fabulous.

Santa Barbara...
9. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

Ya the interior for a newer place I thought was kinda odd from the pictures. I walked by the front and the beach side of LA 2 years ago while I was staying at The Royal and it just didn't have that wow feel.

If you haven't been to The Royal we loved it. Both Cancun and PDCarmen. May want to look n 2 it. Maybe it's just me, but I feel you can tell a lot from my experience from a Hotels Web Site on how nice the hotel is and LA web site is terrible for a top #2hotel in Cancun and Travel n Leisure ranked it #33 in the world.

What other places have u stayed that you would deff go back to in Cancun besides LA

West Chester, PA
10. Re: Live Aqua Cancun Questions for anyone who has stayed there!

I've been to many places besides LA including ERC, Moon Palace (3x), Aventura Spa Palace, Bahia Principe, Iberostar Grand, Royal Hideaway (3x), RIU Palace, Secrets Capri, Secrets Silversands, Zoetry. I'm probably forgetting a few. The only ones from this list I will return to are LA and Royal Hideaway (and Moon only if traveling with children in our party). I would have returned to Zoetry had they not started allowing children but since no longer AI, it's off of my list for now.