We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live aqua

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 2
Live aqua

Hello All!

My boyfriend and I are looking to return to Cancun. Last year we stayed at Beach Palace and it was wonderful. I was just looking into Live Aqua for May but I have a few questions...

It says All inclusive but I've heard that this may not be true all the way around? Can anyone shed some light into this for me please?

If anyone has been to both Live Aqua and Beach Palace, which did you prefer better?

Looking to go in May. Thank you

Santa Barbara...
1. Re: Live aqua

I am staying at LA first week of April. Everything I've read is its ALL all Incl.. Only one restaraunt that if you want Steak n Lobster it's like $60.

NO KIDS, unlike Beach P.. I looked into Beach Palace and thought about booking it over LA but sometimes the kid thing at the pool can bug ( if their parents aren't parenting ). I realize their on vacation

Did u like BP?

Where else have u stayed

I'm still thinking about switching to Secrets Vine, Le Blanc extra $$$$ ,

Sun Palace and Beach Palace looked really nice also?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 66
2. Re: Live aqua

Have stayed once at BP several years ago and twice at LA 2010 and 2011. Would never consider a return to BP. The resort is crammed into a small piece of property and felt congested. Main pool was loud and we did not care for the rooftop pool. Food was not good and we ate elsewhere for dinner most evenings. Beds were hard. Time share push was aggressive and annoying.

LA has gorgeous and extensive pool area, wonderful beach, good food, great gym and spa. Beach is lovely. Rooms are well appointed with great beds. It is much more upscale IMO than BP.

We would return to LA but not to BP.

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 40
3. Re: Live aqua

Stayed at Beach Palace two years ago in family suite, stayed in Club room at live aqua last December.

We liked Beach Palace way better. The food at the buffet at Beach was much better than Live Aqua. Restaurant service was much faster at Beach, and the Club Lounge at Aqua was a joke.

Live Aqua is adults only while Beach Palace is not. Dinners at Live Aqua took over 2 hours minimum.

If Secrets the Vine is same price as Live Aqua are same price pick Secrets.

I would love to return to Beach Palace.

Baton Rouge, LA
reviews: 1
4. Re: Live aqua

We are considering Live Aqua for a fall trip. However, I noticed that you have to be in the "Pool Club", in order to go to the swim up bar? Does anyone know if that is true? Every All-inclusive we have been to, everyone could go to the swim up bar.

West Chester, PA
reviews: 33
5. Re: Live aqua

No that's not true - anyone can use the swim-up bar pool at LA. Where did you read that?

Baton Rouge, LA
6. Re: Live aqua

A guy named ninedogs from May 7th, 2013, on tripadvisor, for Live Aqua. His quote was "the only swim-up bar was the "exclusive" pay more area."

West Chester, PA
reviews: 33
7. Re: Live aqua

Oh thanks for directing me to the review. That is not an exclusive area. I am wondering if he saw a sign that said "Pool Club" and assumed it was private for Club level guests. I vaguely remember there being a sign there - but no, that's not what is meant. Anyone can use any of the pools.

Melrose
reviews: 6
8. Re: Live aqua

If you want a romantic, quiet, secluded vacation with possibly the best pool layout of all the hotels on the strip book LA. Been there twice and am completely addicted. It is like a drug.

If you want on-sight nightlife (dancing/bar scene til 4 am), this is not the place for you.

Baton Rouge, LA
9. Re: Live aqua

Thanks for you help.

New Jersey
reviews: 12
10. Re: Live aqua

I agree with Scott-Gypsy!