We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over run with Spring Breakers????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Over run with Spring Breakers????

My husband and I are 40 and are considering staying at the Westin Lagunamar 3/5 - 3/12. Does anyone familiar with the area know if we will encounter the spring break partying that Cancun is known for at this hotel? We are looking to relax on this vacation. Not sure if we should pick a different time frame. Any advice would be appreciated!

Florida
1. Re: Over run with Spring Breakers????

no it is not, it is much easier to list the hotels that are then the ones which are not because only a handful are, like Riu, Oasis, Flamingo and Krystal. And no need to change dates, Cancun is not a huge spring break destination, 90% plus of the tourists there will be families or couples, 10% or less spring breakers

Edited: 8:55 pm, February 17, 2013
Grand Junction...
reviews: 45
2. Re: Over run with Spring Breakers????

We've been in Cancun, even with young children during Spring Break, and haven't been over run with "spring breakers". The resorts Steve mentioned are what you need to worry about. Cancun is very family and couple friendly! Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Boston...
3. Re: Over run with Spring Breakers????

Thank you both. I feel better now!

Boston...
4. Re: Over run with Spring Breakers????

We booked our flights this AM! Relaxation & sunshine here we come.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 45
5. Re: Over run with Spring Breakers????

have fun!

Edited: 10:37 am, February 18, 2013
6. Re: Over run with Spring Breakers????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2014