We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Palace resort of destination wedding

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Best Palace resort of destination wedding

Hello

I am looking to have a destination wedding in some time in the fall. I am loving the palace resorts but I have never been to them. I know the Le Blanc is the best but I have 3 11 year old children in my family who must be attending the wedding. If anyone can recommend the best palace resort for a destination wedding that would great!

Thank you!!!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

I would suggest taking a look at Moon Palace - large family complex resort with loads of restaurants, activities, kids programs and so on. It's just south of Cancun proper.

If that isn't a good fit, then perhaps Beach Palace, right in the heart of the hotel zone, again great family resort, etc.

And lastly, Playacar Palace - it's southN in Playa Del Carmen. Beautiful, right on an excellent stretch of beach, steps from everything PDC has to offer and so on.

All 3 would be good options, but personally, I'd look at them in that order seeing as you have kids in the group (but not little kids/babies)

Congrats in advance, you won't regret Palace as a choice. Do consider booking through a member for the best rates and lots of extras.

Enjoy your trip and congrats again!

New York City, New...
2. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

Thank you!

Any other resort chains you could recommend?

Advance, North...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

Weddings at Playacar Palace are beautiful, right on the beach. It's gorgeous. It is small and it is family friendly.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
4. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

Being a huge Palace fan and finally buying into the membership a few years ago, nope, there are no other resort chains/brands I would recommend. We had stayed at a few others, but once we tried Palace, we were sold.

Playacar Palace is beautiful, the beach is great, we were by there this past summer when they had a 200+ person wedding - it was gorgeous with the reception on the open air terrace overlooking the pool dnd beach - it really was beautiful. It is not as large a resort or have as many options for dining and entertainment as Moon or Beach, but it is beautiful and steps from all Playa Del Carmen has to offer also. Plus, you can take the ferry across to Cozumel for the day - and if you book through a member, you can visit Cozumel Palace included.

Personally though - for a large family group with kids - Moon would be my first choice - so many things to do and places to eat, etc right at the resort.

Another option may be Hard Rock Cancun - it is formerly a Palace Resort, but the brands split in the last 2 years and Cancun Palace became HR Cancun. It is in a great location, beautiful resort, quite large, great kids clubs and activities, great beach, beautiful pool - I love the improvements there and great dining choices. Same excellent service as Palace, just now with a more rock theme- worth checking on too.

Enjoy and congrats, wherever you choose!

Amherst, Ohio
reviews: 5
5. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

I love Playacar for a wedding and my daughter will most likely choose it for her wedding. It's small enough the wedding guests can socialize for the week they are there.

6. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:44 pm, March 08, 2013
Syracuse, New York
reviews: 1
7. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

so you have to be a member or book through a member to visit cozumel palace? even if you are staying a playacar palace? i was under the impression you could just go and visit if you were staying at another palace resort?

Syracuse, New York
reviews: 1
8. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

so you have to be a member or book through a member to visit cozumel palace? even if you are staying a playacar palace? i was under the impression you could just go and visit if you were staying at another palace resort? thanks for your help!

Miramar Beach...
reviews: 5
9. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

If you are staying at a Palace resort you can visit the other Palace branded resorts regardless of how you booked. The only time they may not allow this is if a resort is sold out to a group or is at 100% occupancy.

Same goes for HR stay & play between Hard Rock Cancun & Aventura.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
10. Re: Best Palace resort of destination wedding

when we were at the Aventura Palace I actually thought (and still do) that it would be a phenomenal spot for a destination wedding. A lot of gorgeous gazebos on the water. And having an adults only and families side I thought would appeal to a lot of wedding guests. Lots of open spaces outside to set up a reception. I believe it's also one of the lower cost Palace resorts so probably more feasible for more people. I just posted some additional photos yesterday but one was of one of the wedding gazebos - stunning.