We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu caribe cancun.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
riu caribe cancun.

Hi has anyone ever Stayed in this hôtel Riu caribe?

I quiet like the look of it but from some of the info i have read i am getting mixed reviews, so thought i would call on you for some help/advice.

Some reviews say its to loud to much parting in the day others say its Just enough, i am travelling to cancun for the first time With my boyfriend wé are in early 20s so wé are not to fussed about it being loud at night, i Just would not like to be next door to à club.

Also the beach, i think it looks amazing but again in reviews people say its cramped and small?

Others have moaned about rooms? Again They look nice to me but i guess untill you have been you wont know. If you have Stayed in this hôtel would you go back??

Thankyou for your help :)

Kent
reviews: 41
1. Re: riu caribe cancun.

hi, i'm also looking at this hotel, the rooms and beach looks really nice, i think maybe the usa crowd are more used to nice beaches so expect more whereas us in the uk are grateful for what we get!! i have pm some english who have been here for there opinion on the place, i think i prob will book it as it's the right price, i also like dreams cancun but it is dearer. hope you get some answers

Edited: 5:08 pm, December 28, 2012
2. Re: riu caribe cancun.

Can anyone also help With room number, would like à good view :)

iowa
reviews: 13
3. Re: riu caribe cancun.

We have stayed at the Riu Caribe the last 3 years. We are late 50's early 60's and had more fun when the croud was a bit more roudy. The beach is better than most in Cancun (being 1 of those USA folks) and the rooms have all been renovated and are very nice. None of the rooms hav a bad view except maybe the few ground floor rooms. Rooms in the center section of the 1st 4 floors can be noisy because they are open to the main lobby area. Have a good time. We sure have been.

reviews: 24
4. Re: riu caribe cancun.

As Champ mentioned ~ the rooms above the lobby can be noisy!!

Ask to see your room first ~ If you can see the lobby below, asked to be moved farther down.

Some nights ~ ya just want to go to bed a bit earlier than everyone else ~ yep, those things happen.

The beach is great. I also think that depends upon the time of year (storms) or just the tide sometimes. It is a great beach!! Wish I was there now ~~

Have a great time!

London, United...
reviews: 13
5. Re: riu caribe cancun.

No turning back for us now we are booked for the 19th april for two weeks , most of the reviews for the last few months with the exception of one or two have been pretty good ,you will always get a few negative reviews dont matter where you are ,most of the time it's down to you to make the most out of the holiday , i know i will be doing just that in 110 days but not counting..

Mick n Jo.......

6. Re: riu caribe cancun.

Im booking hear for late september, as you say people will always moan even about the little things, i Just think to look at it how Could you not enjoy your Time there?

Are They ok if you ask to move rooms i dont want them to think Im rude, but as you have also said, people say stay clear of the Lobby area, Im going to request a high floor so would this be away from Lobby area?

Thanks for all your help :)

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: riu caribe cancun.

Friends went in November and loved it. We will be spending 2 weeks there in two weeks time.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 36
8. Re: riu caribe cancun.

d-bell - My review and pictures were just posted and this is the second time at this resort. Most of the remodeling work is great but I would make sure you do not get a room above the lobby area and request a room on the wings. The odd number rooms face the activity pool and the Caribbean (best). The even number rooms face the hotel next door and the Caribbean. Stay away from rooms ending in 49-61 except if you are on the 6th floor or above. Ted&Julie

Kent
reviews: 41
9. Re: riu caribe cancun.

lots of good info here thanks all, looks like i'll be booking this too, right price and looks really nice with the renovations

10. Re: riu caribe cancun.

Thanks Backus :) can you request a room number before you get there or Do you have to wait ?