We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 1
Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

We just got back yesterday. Anyone have any questions about Fiesta Americana Condesa, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris or any general Cancun questions? I'm missing it already!!!

Saint Paul...
reviews: 29
1. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

What did you think about FACC? Did everyone enjoy it? Oh--.. and Happy Anniversary!

2. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

Hi hope you had fun,

What dates did you go im going next november i have been looking at the forecast and says rain and overcast, i was hoping for beach weather should i re.book for another time x

Iowa
3. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

Thank you LakeMist :) We were there Nov 21-26. The ocean and pool area at FACC were awesome and beautiful. The rooms were clean but pretty small. Smallest shower and bathroom we've seen at a resort. But since we weren't in the rooms much, it wasn't an issue. Food was pretty typical resort food, got tired of the buffets after a couple of days. 5 of 7 of us ended up with stomach issues, but I would attribute some of that to all the fruity drinks, too!!! Our kids (ages 16-25) also had fun and now understand why we love Cancun!! It would've been nice to have a little more activity at night, maybe a disco, live music or beach party? We went to the Elvis show and the Circus show. Both were a little cheesy but all there was to do if we didn't want to leave the resort. Weather was great, lower humidity in November than February!!

4. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

Was it warm enough to get a tan? Im getting so many mixed reviews, people telling me its to cold to go in the pool

Prescott Ontario
reviews: 19
5. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

Pools take longer to warm up this time of the year because the nights are cooler. We travel every November and have never had an overally cool week.

Iowa
6. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

I have a nice tan, my husband has a nice burn. Guess which one used sunscreen :) the pool was chilly, but just took a few minutes to get used to. We still managed to sit at the swim-up bar!! There isn't the humidity that we usually find in February, so that was ok, but made it seem not as warm. I wore a sundress at night, my daughter wore a light sweater.

Carrollton, Texas
7. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

Do you know what kind of beer they serve at the pool bar? Also, what is stocked in the room mini frig?

We stayed at FACC last year & they had a beach bar. Do they still have it & is it ever open? thanks!!

Iowa
8. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

I think it was Sol cans in the mini fridge, along with coke and 7up. I'm not sure what was on tap at the pool bar. When I'm on vacation, a beer is a beer :) Yes, beach bar is still open.

Monmouth, Illinois
9. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

My family is going to FACC over christmas and I am really starting to get the itch.

We have a 15 year old and a 13 year. Will there be plenty of things for them to do? If not, are there plenty of things to do close by? Not really into day long bus tours, but more into fun places outside the resort. Can we take a bus or cab to downtown? Is that safe?

We booked the superior Garden Room that is connected to another where our kids will stay. A lot of folks on here talk about Ocean view, so I am a little worried. I don't want to lose the extra room for them and I really would like a nice balcony (for my cigars!)

Finally, I am hopeful that the pool isn't too cold. I noticed you are from Iowa and we went to the last Iowa game and about FROZE!!

We are looking forward to some SUN and FUN!!!

Thanks so much! Cheers!

Saint Paul...
reviews: 29
10. Re: Just got back- FACC, USA Transfers, Xplor, GR Solaris

We were there over Christmas last year and there was constant action at the resort. Games poolside, beach volleyball. Santa arrived on Christmas Day beach/pool area and had wrapped gifts for the smaller children (i.e.barbies for the girls). There were shows every night in the ballroom and Christmas Day there is a special dinner with entertainment in the ballroom. Champagne was the drink of the day.. they were popping bottles all day long. Don't worry about the garden view.. you'll see the beautiful bay and be able to catch the sunsets. Make sure you request a full balcony when you check in. We emailed the resort prior to arrival to make sure they had our request. Enjoy.. it's a great time to be in Mexico and out of the COLD!