We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maple Ridge, Canada
reviews: 8
CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Just wondering inf anyone has any info in reguards to the illness and if it is an isolated incident or if there are others sick from CUN? Will be heading there in 18 days and I hope there is not some weird illness spreading! YIKES!

http://www.theprovince.com/Paramedics+tending+multiple+sick+people+board+flight+from+Mexico/7537981/story.html#axzz2C86GBVPo

https://twitter.com/search?q=yvr&src=typd

AND NO I am not panicking about this, just trying to get some info!

Clint, Texas...
1. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Wow I haven't heard of anything until now from you. I need to do my research since I'm also going dec7. Now, I'm a bit worried because I didn't get the insurance to cancel my trip.

Clint, Texas...
2. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Wow I haven't heard of anything until now from you. I need to do my research since I'm also going dec7. Now, I'm a bit worried because I didn't get the insurance to cancel my trip.

Edited: 2:09 pm, November 13, 2012
Maple Ridge, Canada
3. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

I wouldn't be worried just yet . . . I am hoping since there has been nothing on this forum yet it is an isolated incident, someone on the plane was sick with something unrelated to being in Cancun.

Fingers crossed Jenny A that we have nothing to worry about and our trips happen without any issues :)

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 41
4. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

I need to get my flu shot, it's got the swine flu component in it this year, going in three weeks.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 29
5. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

:-0

We were on a direct non-stop Westjet flight Sunday night....returning from CUN....I heard nothing about this until I read this just now. No problems like this on our flight- although there was one passenger on the way down and then another different one on the way back who needed oxygen and the EMTs met them when we landed, but I think both cases were heart-related. (?)

Clint, Texas...
6. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Your right! Keeping my fingers crossed because I'm so excited to go. I almost go my bags packed. Let me know if you hear anything, please.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya
reviews: 6
7. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Here's a link to the "story", such as it is - http://www.canada.com/news/bc/Ambulances+tending+multiple+sick+people+board+flight+from+Mexico/7537981/story.html

It doesn't say anything about anyone being quarantined.

Maple Ridge, Canada
8. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Do you think it is a resurgence of the H1N1? Have you heard any details MarkFromBuffalo?

Maple Ridge, Canada
9. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

Llisa, the YVR twitter link I posted in my OP talks about the quarantine. It's also being mentioned on the local news here in the lower mainland.

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 41
10. Re: CUN-YVR Westjet flight passengers in quarantine

No, not at all. None of the news agencies outside Canada are even reporting this. It's just a good idea to get your flu shot every year, especially if you are traveling.

It could be any infectious disease like Tuberculosis, even Measles or Mumps that could lead to a quarantine.

I'm hoping this was just a safety measure and all tests will be negative.