We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 175
Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

I know this is the Cancun forum but frequently I see many posts about going to Varadero in Cuba or Cancun. So I recently went to Cuba and just want to share my experience and compare a bit Cancun and Varadero.

Any question about my trip feel free to ask.

Mexico City, Mexico
1. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

…blogspot.com/2011/10/2011-cuba-trip-introdu…

Mexico City, Mexico
2. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

No questions?

Union, Oregon
reviews: 173
3. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 15
4. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Good Job Charal95. I have been fortunate to vacation in both countries, Cancun, Mex is my favourte.

As a Canadian, it was refreshing and interesting to read the experience of Cuba from your perspective.

Thank you for sharing.

Edited: 8:34 pm, January 18, 2012
Fort McMurray...
reviews: 14
5. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

interesting. thanks for taking the time to write your report, and for sharing!

Mexico City, Mexico
6. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Thanks.

Mexico City, Mexico
7. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Things are changing in Cuba so I hope one day everyone will be able to visit.

Istanbul, Turkey
8. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Dear Sirs,

I am from Turkey. I will visit miami in 26-november for one week for business purposes. After that I want to go to cuba about which I am very curious.

Becasue there is no direct flight I will visit one more carebbean. What do you recommend, cancun? santo domingo? negril?

I am a 34 years old single man looking for nice sea and fun and nice girls :)

regards

Edited: 10:54 am, August 07, 2012
New York City, New...
reviews: 36
9. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

Hi, It looks like it is about a three-hour flight...honestly, we just wanted to go for the day but do you think that that is advisable? Once off the plane, how difficult is it to get a taxi just to tour around the island and stop for photographs. Any other helpful suggestions would be great! thanks, James

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 44
10. Re: Cuba Trip Report-Cancun or Cuba

NY_Traveller if you're talking about Cuba, the island is HUGE; there's several hours of flying time required to get to the different parts. If you flew into Havana for the day it might be doable but it would be a very long and tiring day, there's lots to see. If you're from NY I really recommend just booking a package out of Toronto, Canadian tour operators like Sunwing, Air Canada Vacations, WestJet have 3, 4 and 5 night all inclusive packages if you didn't want to do a whole week, flight from Toronto to Varadero is about 3 hours. It's an amazing place, having been 27 times myself, I've helped a LOT of my American friends and coworkers book their Cuban vacations and they've all had the time of their lives (not to mention they couldn't get over how each it was!)

Edited: 9:51 am, November 13, 2012