We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Airfair

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 1
Cheap Airfair

Does anyone know when Airfare goes down for Cancun. I am looking in July and the prices are crazy. If you have any ideas as to where I should look for prices. Also How busy is Cancun in July We plan on going July 8th - the 15th. I have an option of using a buddy pass to go but really do not want to get stuck down there. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Ray.

Virginia
1. Re: Cheap Airfair

Also for anyone that knows is there a cheaper time to arrive in Cancun usually. I know I would like to get there early but if I can do it cheaper later that might be the way to go.

Please any assistance is helpful.

Williamsport, PA
2. Re: Cheap Airfair

ray...check prices every Wed starting at midnite...I read where they post their new price changes then. We got a terrific price on US air but you know that they just got a government "reprieve"(sp?) last week(they'll definitely be flying til June...July I'm not sure) We are going April 18-28. We were going to fly out Philly but for $25 more ea. we could fly right out of our hometown...so Cancun, here we come!!!

Williamsport, PA
3. Re: Cheap Airfair

oh and ray, if you fly out on a weekday(Mon-Thurs) & come back on a weekday prices should be better. Also Cancun airport seems to be less crowded then too.

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 30
4. Re: Cheap Airfair

Did a double take on your topic. I first read Cheap Affair. I thought for a minute you were on the wrong board.

;)

Mountainside, New...
5. Re: Cheap Airfair

me too.

Virginia
6. Re: Cheap Airfair

Well Mabey not :) Just kidding.

Thanks for all of the advice. I found a Charter of all things about 10 min ago for next to nothing.....By comparison to everything else I was seeing. All of the flights I was seeing were around 500 per person and I found a charter for 199 pp. It is snowing here now and Cancun is sounding better and better.

Ohio
7. Re: Cheap Airfair

See if Funjet.com has flights from a nearby airport. I waited to get my tickets 2 weeks before leaving and they came down from $496.00 to $290.00 and right now they are $246.00 (I leave next week). They usually drop the prices to fill the planes from travel agencies buy up blocks of seats and don't sell them (from what I understand). Good Luck.

Texas
8. Re: Cheap Airfair

After Easter and through middle to late August - everything goes down in price - airfare and hotels. From the end of August through the middle of November the prices (esp. hotels) goes down even more. Fall months are the low season in Cancun.

Williamsport, PA
9. Re: Cheap Airfair

OMG...LOL...I laughed so hard @ skerlarry's post I almost wet myself!!! I'm glad no one's in the office w/ me right now!!

st. clairsville
10. Re: Cheap Airfair

got my tickets on usa3000.com $ 98 each way from Columbus to Cancun. depends on where you are traveling from.