We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 2
Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

Hello-

Does anyone have any pictures of the Presidential Suite they can share with me? Is the room that great? What other perks come with it? We are being bumped from the Le Blanc Hotel and want to make sure it is worth it.

Thanks for any help!!!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

why are you being bumped from LeBlanc? Is it because of the passover group? Are you being bumped for the entire stay?

Boston...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

We are being bumped our last 2 days of a 10 day stay in November.

Dover, Delaware
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

Here is a link to you tube that has a feww 1 secondshots of one. I would check the TA photos and you may find some in there.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Philadelphia...
reviews: 51
4. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

at least you're only being bumped for 2 days...it will be nice to hear your comparison of the two once you've stayed at both.

I would do it as long as it was just 2 days and to get a little change of scenary - I LOVE LeBlanc but I do like to see other resorts too.

Grand Junction...
reviews: 37
5. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

If you go to palaceresorts.com and click on Sun Palace, they have the presidential suite in their virtual tours. It looks really nice. Hope that helps :)

San Francisco...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

I toured the presidentials at Sun Palace and chose to get 2 concierge rooms instead of the presidential for 4 of us. The Sun Presidentials are around 1,100 sq/ft, so the bedrooms are small, there is no kitchen, just a small dining and LR area. The balconies are large and on the corners with great views, but the jacuzzis are on the glassed in balcony with no privacy. The second bedroom has 2 double beds and a lagoon view. (Fight over who gets THAT room!)

The concierge rooms are on the 5th floor and have cathedral ceilings, great views and the jacuzzi is inside near the balcony.

If you want a luxury presidential I suggest Moon Palace or Aventura Palace. There they are around 2400 sq/ft and very nice 2Bd/2-1/2 bath w/kitchenette, full formal Dining room and Living room. Also Aventura has a great Spa, or you could ask for Playacar or Cozumel Presidential for a change of pace. Sun Palace is almost exactly like Le Blanc in decor and location, it is #2 on TA's Cancun ratings after all.

There are full floor plans and room layouts on the Palace site, also there are photos and reviews on the TA reviews, you'd have to scroll through or search for them.

Perks differ depending on who you book through. Negotiate your best deal!

California USA
7. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

I had to think about whether or not to post as this may be a done deal for you and if thats the case, I hate to be a downer....but maybe you still have a chance to opt out of the bump to Sun....if you have a say in it that is. ???

I would absolutely not put up with such a downgrade....well, possibly you might consider it if you are getting a corresponding decrease in pricing for those last two days, but even then I wouldn't recommend it. In the interest of full disclosure, I have yet to stay at LeBlanc (going there next year as we decided to check out Cabo this year.) While Sun is actually now my favorite Palace (it used to be Aventura until they turned half of it into a family resort)- staying in a larger room at Sun does not make up for all you get at LeBlanc, quality, service, location - Le Blanc is where then-sitting President Bush stayed when in Cancun, and where President Obama almost stayed at until his meeting with Mexico's President was set in Mexico City. Again, I truly enjoy Sun - but I think you'll be somewhat disappointed after starting out at Le Blanc....maybe if you started out at Sun then ended your trip at LeBlanc. JMHO.

DFW
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
reviews: 4
8. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

2trvl4fun, how can you say it will be a huge difference if you admittedly said you've never stayed at Le Blanc? I've had several members tell me they've stayed at both and prefer the Sun, that Le Blanc is far too "sterile". I personally have no real interest in staying there.

The Sun is also my current favorite, after "moving on" after the Aventura switch. The Presidentials are very nice there- yes they are smaller but very nice, and contrary to what was previously posted the 2nd bedroom doesn't always have a lagoon view... and why not get the best of both worlds and stay in the Presidential on the Concierge floor, that's what we do. Fantastic views for everyone & fantastic service.

The Patio on the ocean side is fantastic, and the jacuzzis on that patio, along with the ocean view at night is breathtaking. And BAH, Who needs privacy, people shouldn't be paying attention to what's going on on my balcony anyway. :)

-C

Edited: 12:35 am, June 28, 2010
California USA
9. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

Hi there gogo-

It's my opinion, and I cited a few of the reasons why. However I gather that you also have not stayed at LeBlanc? So I pose the flip side of your question back to you. How can you say that it will NOT be a huge difference : ) While I have not stayed at LeBlanc, I did visit it last time around- stunning. Forget me though, following are I quote the most recent TA reviews:

For LeBlanc "How could such a hotel exist on Earth?", "Luxury, Elegance, Perfection", "Heaven on Earth", "Wow, Paradise."

For SP: "Get ready to be spoiled" ,"Would do it again", "Excellent in every way", "Wow"

Both very positive reviews, but LB's are more over the top wouldn't you agree? Additionally, virtually anyone affiliated with the Palaces will tell you that LeBlanc is considered the crown jewel of the chain. That aside....there is a significant cost differential from LeBlanc to Sun Palace, even more so for non-members. Boston should not pay the same price for SP as for LeBlanc, even with a room upgrade. Rather she should be receiving the lower SP rates PLUS the bigger SP room to make up for the bump. And personally, the idea of packing up all my bags after 8 days for a two day stay after which I have to pack AGAIN! Ugghh.

Anhow, let me end on this note, I love SP, can't wait to go back (that will likely happen in April or May : ) ) but I also can't wait to experience LB.

Perhaps we will run into each other at SP some time though and who knows, I may find myself conceding that you were right gogo.....if so, drinks will be on me all night long : )

DFW
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
reviews: 4
10. Re: Sun Palace - Presidential Suite

LOL. Correct, I cannot say for sure as I've not stayed, nor likely to stay at Le Blanc based on my discussions with other members who called it "cold", "sterile", etc. So can't speak from personal experience but didn't bash it, just stating the obvious (ie don't know so can't compare)!.

The reason why Boston is being offered the Presidential suite at the SP is because it is comparitive -if not considerably more expensive-( if Boston gets the whole suite it will like be valued at around 2x the Le Blanc cost per night) than the room at Le Blanc, so it's hardly the downgrade you make it sound like. :)