We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton beach area

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morgan Hill...
reviews: 18
Hilton beach area

Planning my husband's 40th in Cancun in June. It will be our first time there and taking the teenagers (17&15). I think I have decided on the Hilton but some reviews of the beach area in front worry me. Is it really that rocky? Or is this just due to recent hurrican activity?

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 36
11. Re: Hilton beach area

I am guessing that Costco is like Sam's Club? I know Sam's has some kind of a travel benefit, maybe it is the same as Costco. It really does seem that you got a great deal on your room.

San Jose
reviews: 32
12. Re: Hilton beach area

We were there a week and a half ago. The large rocks are in the water but not on the sand. There is a strip about 10-20 yards long in front of the wooden massage structure (by Mitachi's) where there are not even the rocks in the water. If you get an oceanview on that side of the building you can see the absence of the dark spots. Enter and exit there and you are fine. The hotel itself was really nice, and the rooms nice but not super deluxe. The staff gets an A+ from maids to desk and Concierge all were great. They are cool about you bringing in food and drinks so take a collapsible cooler if you want to save a few bucks. Everything is expensive but no more so than anyplace else in Cancun. There is an OXXO store about 1/2 mile away (think 7-11) towards the top of the "7" and there is also a McDonalds and Subway there as well. They the mexican buffet dinner at Spices one night as it was the best mexican food we had all week.

San Jose
reviews: 32
13. Re: Hilton beach area

By the way we had the 2 room Jr Suite and LOVED it. As for 140 or 141 if you can. They are on the lowest floor right near the water. The balconies are huge and have whirlpool tubs on them.