We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Departure Tax

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wallasey, United...
reviews: 21
Cancun Departure Tax

Leaving for Cancun in October .I have been informed by my travel agent that the departure tax is not included in the airfare.This being the case how much is it....Mant thanks in advance..stevie

London, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

I think it is US$46 p/p cash only.

No credit cards.

Cancun
2. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

You are correct sir, $46 USD or 500 pesos cash on the barrel head. It is included in the ticket price if travelling within North America.

ENGLAND
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

Why do they charge these fees. It seem like money for nothing to me and its not cheap. How much is it for kids, dont tell me $46 rip of??????????????????????????

London, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

You will find that most countries in the Caribbean charge a departure tax. Also in Asia. Some charge an enter and exit tax.

I am not sure the price but i have read somewhere kids are cheaper.

Do a search on the right hand side just above thepost for 'departure tax'. This post has being done before in the last week and it has the prices.

nottingham england
5. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

hi i agree with bernj we went to the dominican last yr and had to pay the same departure tax for all of us and the kids were 15 and 11. just got back from cancun and it was $46pp but didnt take the children with us this time.

nottingham england
6. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

you could ask plydude who is a regular on this site as he went away with his wife and son, so may be able to help with the price of departure tax for children

hope this helps

phil and sue

ENGLAND
7. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

I have been to the caribbean 3 time before and know that they all charge departure tax. The thing is why, what gives them the rigth to charge it. Hit the tourist where it hurts if you ask me. A famiy of 5 ( 230$$ ) and for what ???????????

ENGLAND
8. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

S--t typo

Cancun
9. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

There's no taxes in England??? It's a tax, used for what taxes are used for, to keep the airports safe and functional in this case. It exists all over the world, not just Mexico. Taxes are a fact of life, like it or not.

Long Island
reviews: 10
10. Re: Cancun Departure Tax

It's one of the ways a government generates revenue from tourism. Don't forget that the profits from your stay in the hotel belong to the hotel owners...and that your hotel isn't responsible for building the airport or the roadway from the airport to the hotel.