We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Beach Palace

We are going to the Beach Palace on February 26. Any thoughts and comments on the food, activities or rooms? We have tow children ages 9 and 6.

Thanks in advance

Escondido...
reviews: 171
1. Re: Beach Palace

We stayed at the Beach Palace last year and really enjoyed it. The hotel is small & quiet, with not too much going on as far as entertainment (O.K. with us). The pluses are a great beach, great service, nice rooms, and better than average food, for an all-inclusive resort. Don't know if they're still including free tours or not, but we went to Chitzen Itza, Tulum & Isla Mujeres for free (3 separate tours). The only negative was the swimming pool (not to awe-inspiring, but did have a swim-up bar). Unknown if there is a children's program. Hope this helps and that you're not disappointed with my review.

Greenville, Ohio
reviews: 62
2. Re: Beach Palace

The Beach Palace is very family oriented. Although it is the smallest and oldest of the Palace hotels, you don't have the lines for the restaurants and you find it easier to keep track of small children. If your kids are interested in the non-motorized sports they advertise, be aware that you have to go to the Sun-Palace or the Moon Palace. The Sun-Palace is not far away and the non-water sports are across the street at the lagoon. Do bring your kids goggles and snorkles as they are expensive in Cancun. Don't bother packing towels as it's easier to use theirs. The food is okay, but gets to be predictable. But since my kids actually liked the same stuff over and over (steak, burgers, fries, etc...) it was okay. They did have organized play in the pool area and ping pong, pool, etc in the lounge. The rooms are nice but the balcony wasn't big. I'm assuming you are all staying in the same room. Don't waste your time doing the Moon Palace presentation unless you just want the free tour (the jungle tour was great). If you plan any other tours, book the first day or two you get there because they fill up fast. Be sure to go downtown on the bus. The pools (two connecting) are small and not deep but the swim up bar is great. The beach can't be beat either.

St. Louis, MO USA
reviews: 9
3. Re: Beach Palace

I have stayed here just this past year for a few days then moved up to the Cancun Palace for the remainder of my vacation. I liked it there but I wanted to be up where my friend where. Besides what everyone else said, which was the truth I really liked it. They do have a Kids Club. Your kids will love it. I brought my 8 year old and she did. It is open from 10am til 5pm, the time I went there anyway. They will give you a program of what kinds of entertainment they will provide your kids. They will keep them busy. The only requirement was that the kids couldn't be sick and they needed to be potty trained for the smaller kids. Tipping when you return is always accepted with a smile ; ) It is free but most people tip when they pick up their kids is what I am trying to say. Now, if you are late picking them up I do believe they will charge something. But your hotel rep will go over with you about that. Just to let you know the bus stop is right outside the hotel but to get on and head north toward the Cancun Palace or Aqua World the one up by the Cancun Palace you have to cross the street and walk down a block by the Planet Hollywood. Just be REAL CAREFUL when crossing the street. The buses and cars fly down there so hold on to your kids hands if you take the bus and get them seated fast because the bus drivers take off before everyone is seated.