We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

Has anyone been there lately and used the facilities at the one that they are not staying out. My travel agent told me that she didn't think you could.

Minster, Ohio
reviews: 2
1. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

if you are at Riu Cancun, you cannot use the other properties as far as i know. If you are at RPLA next door, you are allowed to use the Cancun facilities....don't know about Caribe

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 91
2. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

If you stay at the Riu Cancun, you can go to the Riu Caribe and use their facilities, but cannot go to Palace unless you stay there.

Indiana
3. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

Thanks-we are actually staying at the Caribe and was wondering if we could maybe go to the Place for dinner one evening for a change

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 16
4. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

j-nut - if you're staying at the riu caribe, you can visit the riu cancun, not the RPLA. You can also visit the various Riu's down the coast BUT You can only use PALACE Riu facilities if you're staying at a PALACE Riu. Hope that helps. Have fun!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 16
5. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

PS your travel agent should know this!!??

Minster, Ohio
reviews: 2
6. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

My travel agent was pretty useless when it came to questions regarding Cancun. She did an excellent job booking flight, hotel and transfers, but for everything else, she stunk!. I got all of the information that i needed from right here!

St. Louis
reviews: 5
7. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I've been to Mexico several times in the past few years & the RIU Caribe was our worst experience. That's not to say that yours will be. When we were there, it had just changed from the Gran Caribe & perhaps it's better now. We stayed there about a year ago during March. It was WAY overbooked & they were sticking people in the basement. Also, they were understaffed, so service was terrible. BEWARE!

Not trying to scare you, and you probably won't have problems, but felt I should write because I still have a bad taste in my mouth about that resort.

Livonia, Michigan
reviews: 64
8. Re: Riu Caribe/Riu Cancun can I go back and forth?

We had a great time at the Riu Caribe and would love to go back. I'm glad we didn't encounter any problems otherwise I'm sure our feelings would be different.

Our travel agent didn't know of any exchange privledges either, but when we arrived at the Riu Caribe we were told of our privledges at the Riu Cancun. We spent a few hours there one evening and ate at their buffet. It was a nice change of pace. The Riu Cancun buffet was FANTASTIC!!!!