We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is my hotel really that bad???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 2
is my hotel really that bad???

off to the Oasis Playa in September is it really as bad as the reviews say?

This is a really concerned person here!! I no the star rating in Mexico isnt probably the same as the UK so wasnt expecting as much from the hotel.

The company i booked with havent had any bad reviews so i dont no what to think.

Anything said would be a help

thanks

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 73
21. Re: is my hotel really that bad???

jimiincancun - I agreed with your post for the most part, until you started talking about Yanks wanting marble floors, bellboys with white gloves and to be waited on hand and foot, and at that point it became apparent that you basically just wanted to complain about Americans. It is probably true that Americans do expect more but I think it has to do with the fact that we are allowed much less vacation time than what people from other countries get, so we probably expect more out of our vacation. That is no excuse for rudeness. But, I associate with a group of very well-traveled people, and not one of them expects what you said (marble floors, white gloves, etc). I cannot speak for all Americans of course, and no doubt some are very rude. But in my travels I have also been treated very rudely in England, France and Italy. Every country has rude people.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
reviews: 73
22. Re: is my hotel really that bad???

jimiincancun - I agreed with your post for the most part, until you started talking about Yanks wanting marble floors, bellboys with white gloves and to be waited on hand and foot, and at that point it became apparent that you basically just wanted to complain about Americans. It is probably true that Americans do expect more but I think it has to do with the fact that we are allowed much less vacation time than what people from other countries get, so we probably expect more out of our vacation. That is no excuse for rudeness. But, I associate with a group of very well-traveled people, and not one of them expects what you said (marble floors, white gloves, etc). I cannot speak for all Americans of course, and no doubt some are very rude. But in my travels I have also been treated very rudely in England, France and Italy. Every country has rude people.