We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Without Knowing Which Resort You Will Stay In

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Booking Without Knowing Which Resort You Will Stay In

Apple Vacations and Vacation Express both offer what they call 4 or 5-Star deals. You usually get a reduced rate, but don't know exactly which resort you will be staying in till arrival in Cancun. Has anyone used this before and were you satisified?

Pittsburgh
1. Re: Booking Without Knowing Which Resort You Will Stay In

Apple is somewhat easy to predict on the 5 and 6 square deals.

For a 5 Apple Square Deal 90% of the time (at least), you end up at a Sunscape Resort.

For a 6 Apple Square Deal 90% of the time (at least), you end up at a Dreams or Secrets Resort.

Reson is AMResorts is related to Apple

The 4 Apple is more of a crap shoot.

Frank the TA

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cancun
reviews: 91
2. Re: Booking Without Knowing Which Resort You Will Stay In

I think it sounds like so much fun!!!! I always stress about which resort I want to stay and such, as long as the price looks decent for the star rating, go for it! How exciting! Unless you have your heart set on one specific resort, how bad can it possibly be?????

Macomb, Michigan
reviews: 5
3. Re: Booking Without Knowing Which Resort You Will Stay In

It's good to hear from someone who has experienced it. I'd be worried about the quality. Apple is pretty reputable, though.

Washington, Virginia
reviews: 13
4. Re: Booking Without Knowing Which Resort You Will Stay In

I reserve alot of rooms booking through Hotwire, same thing ~ you know the star rating but not the hotel. We have always been very pleased. The best I did was LA, a $350 per night for $42. Last week did Chicago, $200 room for $90. Go for it if the price is right! You might want to check Skyauction, we booked through them for Cancun next week (you know the hotel)